Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Next Brighton manager

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I hope its someone who's on an upward trajectory in their career. That thirst to keep improving will hopefully be infectious in the same way it was with GP. Getting Brendan Rodgers while he's in such a shit period with Leicester wouldnt be very inspiring.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Not to me, Adam doesn't even have his coaching badges yet. As part of someone's backroom team, then yes why not, but he still has a future as a player, so the time isn't right for him quite yet.

I mean as temporary manager while we sort things out....

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Erm. As someone who used to go out drinking with Adam back in the day. Lovely lad. Definitely not the next Graham potter intellectually lol.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

...as a temporary manager.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
This has happened very suddenly and maybe Hughton is the man to keep things ticking over

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It's nearly two days now since Potter was approached and there have been no rumours of a potential manager, I know there have been plenty of names floating around, but nothing of any substance and we've but no "We've heard that x is currently at Brighton's training ground" or "I've just seen y in Donatello's with Paul Barber" or "Z has said his goodbyes to Los Kickaballs squad"

Is this a reflection of the way that Brighton do business or a reflection of the fact that the club is in no hurry?

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Will be a few weeks I’d suggest. I wouldn’t be surprised if calde did return. Barber mentioned this in his recent podcast.

What is for certain is that B&B won’t be rushed and will only get a manager who fits the clubs values/ethos, has a styles of play that fits and is skilled enough from a coaching perspective.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Will be a few weeks I’d suggest. I wouldn’t be surprised if calde did return. Barber mentioned this in his recent podcast.

What is for certain is that B&B won’t be rushed and will only get a manager who fits the clubs values/ethos, has a styles of play that fits and is skilled enough from a coaching perspective.

I trust they’ll have a No.1 target.

And it’s not going to be someone with very little experience like Lampard had when he took over at Chelsea and failed.

I think it’ll be done quite quickly personally. When they approach their target, the process will be swift for a team 4th in the EPL with a squad full of exciting young talent.

The new manager might not make Bournemouth but I’d be shocked if they are not in place for the next match.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I trust they’ll have a No.1 target.

And it’s not going to be someone with very little experience like Lampard had when he took over at Chelsea and failed.

I think it’ll be done quite quickly personally. When they approach their target, the process will be swift for a team 4th in the EPL with a squad full of exciting young talent.

The new manager might not make Bournemouth but I’d be shocked if they are not in place for the next match.

Given it’s likely 4 weeks till our next match I think they’ll take their time. I’m hearing barber will be speaking to 3 candidates next week.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Question, do we genuinely think Cooper would leave Forest? I live in Nottingham and spoken to a couple of Forest supporting mates and they have found it a hilarious concept.

I would too. They seem as rich as us despite being new to PL.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I do not want Rogers, Cooper or Jones anywhere near the job thank you.

Knutsen please, trouble is Bournemouth want him as well, at least he could go on Saturday and pick the winner I guess.

You got to feel there’s only one winner if Knutsen is approached by us and Muff ! Our facilities is only the start of it !

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
For me the best shortlist (from the names in the bookies list) would be Knutsen, Postecoglu, Pochettino or Cooper.
Anyone else on that list I think would drive me to despair - particularly Nathan Jones ! I’m surprised big Duncan Ferguson isn’t listed either :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here