Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next batch of Sky games (December fixtures changes announced)

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing
Three of Brighton & Hove Albion’s matches over the festive period have been selected for live television coverage on Sky Sports.

Albion's home match against Leeds United will now take place a day earlier on Friday 9th December, kick-off 7.45pm.

The trip to Birmingham City on Saturday 17th December will also be on Sky Sports but will kick off at the later time of 5.30pm.

Albion's third live broadcast in the month sees the Boxing Day game against Queens Park Rangers at the Amex move to Tuesday 27th December, kick-off 12.30pm.

Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/arti...r-birmingham-3349149.aspx#2wSjP0ZmrUm3HJoR.99

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
14520582_10154483719884462_351131860627636721_n.jpg

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Oh FFS! One of the most sacrosanct fixtures of the entire season for me is Boxing Day. Well Sky can f*** off and do one now. Subscription cancelled. *******s. :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I was forlornly hoping beyond hope in regards to the Leeds game yesterday, by clutching at other straws available to Sky, but the QPR game being moved is preferable to me due to the trains and the fact it gets me out of going to a do round some family friends that afternoon. :wink:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Good chance the following games v S Wed and Newcastle being moved too.

Looks like we go for a 9 weeks with no Sat home game.

Cheers all

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I am absolutely gobsmacked that the club were selling Christmas parties for the Friday 9th December when it was obvious that the Leeds game would be moved to then last every other season. Really unfair on anyone who has booked this. Could they not have waited on this Friday? I would imagine there will be a few pissed off companies who had thought their christmas party plans were done and dusted and are now having to see what else is available. not great PR. They could have held back selling the Friday 9th until they actually knew given it was so highly likely.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Once again Sky have dicked me right in the eye.

Dicking the first: I've got tickets for Ross Noble on the 9th and so cannot make the Leeds game
Dicking the second: By moving the Boxing Day fixture I will now have to spend Boxing Day making small talk with my Palace supporting in-laws.

Thanks Sky, thanks a f**king bunch you tiresome f**ksticks.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Won't make Leeds now, and will now have to spend a considerable extra amount on rail tickets making additional journeys between London and Brighton because of the Boxing Day move.

Ditch Sky. Don't pay them to be part of the problem.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Boxing Day move is OK for me - Burgess Hill are at home to Worthing on 26th so can wander over there and have a few beers and watch that instead. It'll be like having two Boxing Days :ascarf:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Boxing Day move is OK for me - Burgess Hill are at home to Worthing on 26th so can wander over there and have a few beers and watch that instead. It'll be like having two Boxing Days :ascarf:

Same for me. Means I can go to the Sussex derby at the The Pilot Field - Hastings United v Lewes as well. :D

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I always miss Boxing Day games due to family visiting, so this one for me is good. But sympathise with all those where it's gone the other way. Especially those who were looking forward to an Amex Xmas do. (Can they still happen? If they're in an area that doesn't have access to the seating, maybe they can?)

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I've never really enjoyed football on Boxing day. Everyone is hungover and knackered from Christmas day and you always have to go and see family straight after the game which means sobering up.

At least on the Tuesday I can get on it properly and not have to worry about the extended family realising I'm a degenerate when I turn up smashed with a jaw swinging like a pendulum!

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
On what do they base their choices? Table topping Huddersfield get one game, mid table QPR get three, perennially mid table leeds get three and current relegation fodder Aston 'one league win this season/four in the past16 months' Villa get four.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here