Next Albion manager - tracking the betting market

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Think I'll have a fiver on CH

Capture.JPG

Jimmy Grimble

Not much liquidity in the market but odd there is some interest in Rosler given his track record at Wigan?

40% win record. The last 12 games of his reign their killed it for him, up until that point he did a good job. Been pretty successful at every club he's managed.

Jimmy Grimble

I'd be happy with him, wanted him before we appointed Oscar.

Likewise. Only thing that worries me about him is that rut he ended his time at Wigan with, particularly given our current predicament.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Thing is, would Rosler carry on where Sammi left off especially as the squad seems under motivated. Would Rosler have the enthusiasm to take over a struggling club after just being sacked from one. I don't think Rosler will be risked.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Likewise. Only thing that worries me about him is that rut he ended his time at Wigan with, particularly given our current predicament.

I know they sold a few of their better players in the summer, not sure what the replacements were like.
Most experienced managers have a rut or two on their CV though.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
In his first season at Wigan, he took them from a lowly position to the play offs.....just what we need now. They lost a lot of players in the summer and were much weakened. Interesting that Malky McKay hasn't turned them around yet which is perhaps a sign that it wasn't all about the manager. I think he would be a good call.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We're 50/1 to finish top 6.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
In his first season at Wigan, he took them from a lowly position to the play offs.....just what we need now. They lost a lot of players in the summer and were much weakened. Interesting that Malky McKay hasn't turned them around yet which is perhaps a sign that it wasn't all about the manager. I think he would be a good call.

Or that Malky Mackay isn't a particularly good manager, which is what I happen to think. I was happy when it looked like he was off to Palace as I couldn't believe he'd replicate his Cardiff success unless he bankrupted the club.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Do people actually read anything in to these trends? Surely its just people who have no idea about what is actually going on behind the scenes taking a wild punt and sticking a fiver on the likes of Sven that leads to a run on a manager? How often does the favourite get the job :)

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Do people actually read anything in to these trends? Surely its just people who have no idea about what is actually going on behind the scenes taking a wild punt and sticking a fiver on the likes of Sven that leads to a run on a manager? How often does the favourite get the job :)

The first favourite? Rarely.
The last one? Always!

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Thought Mcdermott was overpriced at 25s. Managed to get the grand total of 16 quid on an skybet (wanted 20). If he can work under that Leeds bloke he won't be bothered about set up.

Speculative 4 quid on Hoddle.

Think it'll be Robinson especially as I backed him last time around.FFS

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here