Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Sargey

Jan 27, 2006
Portslade
Maybe you should worry more regarding our lack of creativity/ strike force and goal issue, rather than the LB berth!!!!!!! That is where our true concerns should be which everybody knows already.

Sent from my Zxt 203 Dci

If the handbrake was let off a little bit more, we may score a few more.....Nothing will change unless reinforcements come in this January and even then I'm not sure things will change that much.

Its the same pattern thats has happen everytime Hughton has managed in the top flight......maybe Chris should look at tweaking the tactics a bit?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
We are beginning to sound like Norwich fans, & that worked out well for them, didn't it?

I agree, we must keep CH for as long as he wants to be with us, but honestly, the football is awful and I feel sorry for all those that made that long, long travel.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Bong was our only player who had a noticeably good game imo.

Wow. Did you see him kick the ball out of play under no pressure and let the ball run out when it was clearly their throw? He was no worse than others but would never single him out for praise above others.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Streamed the whole game, wish I hadn't because it was one of the worst games Iv'e seen in a very long time! No quality from either team in the final third. Appreciate the need for a point away from home and March/Knockaert were defending well, but they were there for the taking today and to not give Izquierdo a go for 25 minutes seemed a bit strange. Not often we'll be away from home and have a chance like that to get 3 points.

..... but a point is a point, I guess.

All of this ^

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not really, I'm afraid. What MOTD want is goals, goals, goals. Anyway, chances are that if they notice Ryan's saves at all, they'll show them and make it look as if we scraped a lucky draw - whereas in fact we did everything but score. If it had been a boxing match it would have been stopped at half time!

Well, I want to see them. I'll watch it at breakfast time.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Incredibly dull game from two sides short of goals and confidence with two pragmatic managers. Probably could've put the mortgage on a 0-0, with hindsight. No quality in final third from either side.

Oh well. Win on Monday and that’s a perfectly decent 4 points from those 2.

Concerns are seeing sides like Swansea and Bournemouth really going for it and nicking wins.

(Not a moan. Accepted it was likely to be that sort of game.)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I said I'd settle for a point before the game, and we got one, so I guess that's OK then - but oh how frustrating it feels now! It really feels more like losing two points than gaining one.

And please, please, please can someone explain to me the good reason for not using our substitutes? Surely the game was crying out for fresh legs, and a bit of speed, in the last ten/fifteen minutes, and there were Baldock and Jose keeping the bench warm! I can't believe it - I know there is a good reason, because CH chose to do it that way and he knows far more about football than I do, but I can't for the life of me work out what the hell it is - so, can someone please enlighten me?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Man City have scored more than 4 times as many goals as us in one game less.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm a bit disappointed Suttner didn't start today (not sure if injured or not). I thought him and Solly have been linking up quite well lately.

He'll probably play on Monday. Two games in less than 48 hours means using the squad.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Streamed the whole game, wish I hadn't because it was one of the worst games Iv'e seen in a very long time! No quality from either team in the final third. Appreciate the need for a point away from home and March/Knockaert were defending well, but they were there for the taking today and to not give Izquierdo a go for 25 minutes seemed a bit strange. Not often we'll be away from home and have a chance like that to get 3 points.

..... but a point is a point, I guess.

I was pleased with an away point and would have taken that at the start. Expected more from Newcastle (as did their fans clearly). Agree we should have given Jose the last 20 mins though, we enjoyed good possession, had more shots on target, more corners....but never really looked like scoring.

We are a mind-blowing 12th in the premier league going into 2018 (and the window opening). We have a side that belong at this level but clearly with no cutting edge up top - will Tony gamble?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I thought we'd lose today as (all the pre match talk and posturing from the Toon indicated) Newcastle were well up for this. To take the sting out of their game and come away with a point at a place we nearly always contrive to lose... I'm delighted.

We need a striker or two for sure, BUT this was a good result - make no mistake.

Well done boys.

Kosh

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Man City have scored more than 4 times as many goals as us in one game less.

With all due respect, that means bugger all.

Accepted our lack of goals is frustrating, but that's like comparing apples with pears.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
People either have short memories.....or they couldn't get a Chelsea ticket???
This season, we wish to stay in the premier league.
This season, we will not win as much as before
This season, we will not score as many.
Question for the faithful. Do you remember being on the Gus bus? Pretty football but all about the possession. We bored the crap out of the opposition, but let slip a lot of points by not 'having a go'. I'm thoroughly enjoying this season and all the comments from the, well, hangers on.
Remember, GOSBTS, palarse are crap and life is too short to diet straight after Christmas

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here