Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
>Swansea and Bournemouth win
but this is a very good point if we beat Bournemouth
Stoke thrashed
Huddersfield only draw at home

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Another point added to our survival total, needed for another season on PL.
Another 57 draws and it's a Champions league place :wink:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Last 15 min we shut down and stopped passing - need to manage the full 90 mins(+3). Still a point is ok away from home, but Newcastle are so bad we should have taken them

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Worked hard for the point without ever looking like scoring. Newcastle were poor but then I've thought that about most sides outside the top eight this season.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
We are all starting to sound like Norwich fans :smile:
Yeah seems to be this way especially away from home where we start off pretty well and then in most second halves do absolutely nothing but defend.

Subs not used and with 2 games in 2 days you'd think he'd utilise the squad a bit more???

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Two points thrown away today by our total reluctance to attack. Newcastle were rubbish and there for the taking, we just sit back. So frustrating.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'll take a point but WE NEED TO BUY A STRIKER!!!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Don't wonder saves count any more?

Not really, I'm afraid. What MOTD want is goals, goals, goals. Anyway, chances are that if they notice Ryan's saves at all, they'll show them and make it look as if we scraped a lucky draw - whereas in fact we did everything but score. If it had been a boxing match it would have been stopped at half time!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Damaging for Newcastle, they'd have expected to win at home against us. Their wobble continues.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Strange one really. Could've attacked more, then conceded on the break seeing as they had pace. I personally think we managed the game really well. we've taken 4 points off of a rival, kept a clean sheet as well.
Job done bring on the boremuff

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here