Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle United Vs Brighton & Hove Albion ***Official Match Thread***

Pickles

May 5, 2014
1-0 HT could of been worse.

Exactly this.

We'd have all taken a point before and the fact that we've been battered for most of that half, we're only one down.

We're good enough to come back here. :albion2:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Newcastle are playing very well and are better than us at the moment, nobody needs sacking or abusing :rolleyes:

Another goal for them and we'll probably be over run, one for us and who knows.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
A bit wretched that. It did rather look like Premier League versus Championship. Only half time and still in it though. Time to bring a little Hughton grey matter to the party.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's all very well moaning but we are up against a very good side who are making it difficult for us

Seems some fans struggle to accept that. For ten minutes of the first half Newcastle looked as good as any team I've seen in the Championship since we came into it. They were just better than us all over the pitch. We may have stemmed the tide.....

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Well, good set piece for Newcastle but for me Stockdale should have saved it. Yes great shot to smack the bar. So what have they shown more than us? Physicality and brute in your face force for which they have received three yellows. Is that the way to beat us by 'beating' us? I hope one of the barstewards gets sent off. Meanwhile three players need a bollocking, Sidwell Bong and Skalak. I'd replace Skalak with either Murhy or Lua Lua.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Newcastle are playing very well and are better than us at the moment, nobody needs sacking or abusing :rolleyes:

Another goal for them and we'll probably be over run, one for us and who knows.

Quite. We need to play a lot quicker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Newcastle didn't impress me greatly, and lost any grip on the game for the last 15. That shows we have a chance. Yes, Stephens ought to come on and stride around with menacing purpose, but we're not wholly out of it without him.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Our passes have not found their man. Pass around a pressing team. Have we forgotten how to do it?

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1...mpionship-2016-2017-Newcastle-United-Brighton

I think we might have to change something. There have been a few home matches like this when we have turned it on in the second half. It means winning the midfield battle and keeping the ball more.

We defended like Forest for their goal. Zonal is OK, but if they have a big man I go for partially man for man marking. I'm not sure that Duffy and Dunk have got an understanding yet?

Hopeful we get a shot on target?

Well, good set piece for Newcastle but for me Stockdale should have saved it. Yes great shot to smack the bar. So what have they shown more than us? Physicality and brute in your face force for which they have received three yellows. Is that the way to beat us by 'beating' us? I hope one of the barstewards gets sent off. Meanwhile three players need a bollocking, Sidwell Bong and Skalak. I'd replace Skalak with either Murhy or Lua Lua.
Yep stockdale stepped the wrong way. For me he always looks too nervous when the ball is in air in that corridor of uncertainty

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here