Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle United Vs Brighton & Hove Albion ***Official Match Thread***

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
How skalak gets away with this falling over rubbish is ridiculous just like last week lol

He is embarrasing! Also I hate Newcastle but this is a tough/strong league and I think Brighton probably need 1 or 2 stronger players or Barton type players which would complete the team, I really think thats what was missing last season and the edge Burnley had

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Outplayed for 10 mins after their goal and now working our way back into the game. CH needs to tell Duffy to stop hoofing the ball though.

D

Deleted member 2719

Half Time Stats. 2016-08-27 (3).png

He is embarrasing! Also I hate Newcastle but this is a tough/strong league and I think Brighton probably need 1 or 2 stronger players or Barton type players which would complete the team, I really think thats what was missing last season and the edge Burnley had

I've never "got" Skalak since he got here. Looks below standard on ability to beat a player or even retain possession. We've got Knocky for the set pieces

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I would take off Baldock and sidwell and replace with Stephens and Lua Lua, move Skalak centrally as the 10 in a five man midfield

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Difficult half for the lads, they looked a pace behind Newcastle in speed and thought. I'm sure Hughton will sort them out at half time, he usually does. Plenty on the bench if we need a change.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Murphy needs to replace Skalak and Norwood for Sidwell. We need more creativity. Why we always seem to float crosses and corners in at what seems like 5mph kills me. We need to whip them in with a lot more pace.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Very poor first half apart from the first 5 mins and the last 10. Could well have been two or three down. Need Stephens on for Sidwell. Bong nowhere near last season's standards. Shame.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
I've never "got" Skalak since he got here. Looks below standard on ability to beat a player or even retain possession. We've got Knocky for the set pieces

I think he does posses some quality but its the falling over that I dont really get, he is lucky not to get so many more yellows. He could and possibly should be changed with a strong player as he easily falls over then does not fight to win the ball back

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here