Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] New Zealand vs. England 2nd Test Cello Basin Reserve, Wellington

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Glad it's not a day / nighter, at least it starts earlier.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I've arrived in Wellington today, the weather is grey with possible showers in the morning, and then it's due to rain most of day two. But then three nice days are forecast. There should still be enough time to get a result. It's a 7000 sell out for all 5 days with no tickets available.
The ground is about the same size as Hove.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I've arrived in Wellington today, the weather is grey with possible showers in the morning, and then it's due to rain most of day two. But then three nice days are forecast. There should still be enough time to get a result. It's a 7000 sell out for all 5 days with no tickets available.
Hopefully You have your tickets?

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
On the radio this morning Stokes was quoted as saying,” The fast bowlers took one look at the green pitch and said I’m playing!” Sounds like 3 days will be enough for a result!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I'm glad little Ben Stokes moved over here, soon after this photo in Wellington was taken.

Screenshot_20230223_125936_Google.jpg

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I drove past the ground more than once but not seen a game there. I did see an ODI in about 2002 at the other stadium when we were well beaten. The most memorable thing about that game was when Peter Jackson came on the pitch between innings and got the crowd to chant and stamp in time to some words on the screen which he recorded to use as the sound of the Troll Army in the Lord of the Rings (Two Towers).

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Jealous, me, never!!

Have a great time - hope we can spot you in a Brighton shirt?

Come on England!

joydivisionovengloves

Aug 10, 2019
N/E Somerset
Just a bit envious !

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Kinell that pitch is GREEN

Think they only chose to bowl because they knew Jimmy would have all of them out before lunch.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
It looks beautiful there in Wellington on BT Sport 3 and that is out......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here