Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Shop pic

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
ONE CLUB. ONE AMBITION.

WTactualF does that even mean? Is it because Barcelona says it is "More than a club" that Nike are reminding us that we're not, we're just one club? Or is there a club somewhere that is actually two clubs?

I think it's a rule the FA are bringing in, that all clubs have to have some ludicrous & entirely meaningless marketing strapline/ statement of vision attached to their merchandising operation. I know we're not alone in it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think it's a rule the FA are bringing in, that all clubs have to have some ludicrous & entirely meaningless marketing strapline/ statement of vision attached to their merchandising operation. I know we're not alone in it.

It is more sinister than that as applicable to visually all private companies these days.

Good use of the corporate language though.......

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It is more sinister than that as applicable to visually all private companies these days.

Good use of the corporate language though.......

Don't think for a second that public sector bodies don't engage in this sort of crap too...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
All of Huddersfield's marketing stuff comes plastered with "The Yorkshire Club", in a thinly disguised effort to demonstrate their homespun, authentic "By 'eck, duck" Yorkshire credentials (as opposed to those nasty, non-Yorkshire, commercially motivated plastics at Leeds, for example). As if that's going to make anybody choose Huddersfield. And as if they're somehow more authentically Yorkshire than the Sheffield clubs, or Rotherham, Bradford, York, Halifax, Doncaster and Barnsley.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

There must be better ones:

GETTING IT FORWARD
SINGING TOGETHER. SINGING TOO FAST
WHO ATE ALL THE PIE LOTTERY?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here