Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Monks Farm Development

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Handy houses for the players to live in. I wonder if they'll get a discount?

:)

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
So the extra 600 homes and new school won't have an impact either?

Understanding your point but isn't there already planning consent for more houses than that already in place. That also does not include any road improvements either. It appears the club have added the Ikea angle and the roundabout

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Yep, which is lot on an already overwhelmed road.

pretty sure it doesnt work like that. those 600 cars will start journeys to be at their destinations before the traffic conjestion builds in that area. schools attract traffic, but hopefully this would be minimal due to the local take up (also reducing outward shcool traffic).

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
pretty sure it doesnt work like that. those 600 cars will start journeys to be at their destinations before the traffic conjestion builds in that area. schools attract traffic, but hopefully this would be minimal due to the local take up (also reducing outward shcool traffic).

The stretch between Shoreham to Worthing starts backing up from about 4 and carries on until about 6:30. A further 600 homes will definitely add to the congestion, and obviously it isn't exclusively traffic for residents of Shoreham,Lancing, Sompting and Worthing. Also, whilst the thought of a school being used by locals that attend on foot is a lovely idea, it really is just that, a lovely idea. Constant flow of traffic from 2:30 for parents securing the closest parking space through til 6 when after school club finishes.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Perhaps the best idea would be for the A27 at Sussex Pad to be a flyover with the roundabout underneath, like the Shoreham flyover.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Perhaps the best idea would be for the A27 at Sussex Pad to be a flyover with the roundabout underneath, like the Shoreham flyover.

Wouldnt need to be so complicated as the Shoreham Floyover. In Cyprus near the football stadium in Limassol they have just a standard roundabout with 4 entry and departure roads from the flyover linked to it.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I've no objection to them building the place, but do people really get that excited about IKEA? I've been to the one in Purley a few times and yet the most I've ever come away with is a lampshade or two and a few multipacks of bargain basement batteries. I end up looking at the furniture and thinking it nearly all looks like it belongs in a student house. Never ever bought anything of significance in there...not even the meatballs.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I've no objection to them building the place, but do people really get that excited about IKEA? I've been to the one in Purley a few times and yet the most I've ever come away with is a lampshade or two and a few multipacks of bargain basement batteries. I end up looking at the furniture and thinking it nearly all looks like it belongs in a student house. Never ever bought anything of significance in there...not even the meatballs.

Went there with the wife and comeback with a set of plates. She hated the furniture

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

In fairness, same reason people get excited about Lidl and Aldi, you get okay stuff for cheap prices. I hate the dynamics of the place, a feel like a sheep there. Things is, you can kit out a house on budget....

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The stretch between Shoreham to Worthing starts backing up from about 4 and carries on until about 6:30. A further 600 homes will definitely add to the congestion, and obviously it isn't exclusively traffic for residents of Shoreham,Lancing, Sompting and Worthing. Also, whilst the thought of a school being used by locals that attend on foot is a lovely idea, it really is just that, a lovely idea. Constant flow of traffic from 2:30 for parents securing the closest parking space through til 6 when after school club finishes.

All agreed

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
In fairness, same reason people get excited about Lidl and Aldi, you get okay stuff for cheap prices. I hate the dynamics of the place, a feel like a sheep there. Things is, you can kit out a house on budget....

Not so good as feeling like a ram?

Perhaps they shouldnt have shelved the plans for the Folkestione to Honiton trunk road. some years ago.

For about the millionth time ... there never was a "plan" for a Folkestone to Honiton trunk road. It was simply the name that the Ministry of Transport (as it then was) gave to the South Coast route when it was first designated as a trunk road by the Trunk Roads Act in 1946.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here