Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Manager.... Your shortlist

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This is the sort of guy Tony will be looking for and rumour is he want's to return to the UK to coach http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Clement_(football_coach)

Tony Popvic

He might be ex-Palace but he's done 'wonders with the Wanderers' - Western Sydney Wanderers that is.
The club were only formed 2 years ago.
In their inaugural season they won the League but got beaten in the A-League Grand Final - were also beaten finalists this year.
Currently, he's got the Wanderers into the last 16 of the Asian Champion League - a 1st for any Australian team.
Knows The Championship well - played almost 100 games in it as well as a season in the Premier League.
I'm sure Tony Bloom would be well aware of his abilities and possibly on his radar from his frequent trips here to Australia.

Both sound possibles who TB would probably be aware of.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'd like a young Wenger type manager. Someone who enjoys talent spotting, is committed in the long term, enjoys bringing in young skilful players and resists spending big money on players even when the pressure is on. I think TB would also like a manager like this :lolol:

There must be one out there, can we find him though.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Dennis Bergkamp as manager , Liam Brady running academy.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I'd like a young Wenger type manager. Someone who enjoys talent spotting, is committed in the long term, enjoys bringing in young skilful players and resists spending big money on players even when the pressure is on. I think TB would also like a manager like this :lolol:

There must be one out there, can we find him though.

It doesn't really matter if there is one out there or not and if there is one if they came to the club and were only allowed to coach not manage.

I don't see the problem being a monetary one either, all businesses have financial constraints, football more than most. If there is no control however of that budget by the person expected to achieve the objectives set for them by the company/club then it is hardly surprising that even if the set targets are achieved the success can't be claimed in full and if they aren't achieved then failure can't be laid at their door.

Control of how a budget is used by forces outside of a department can prevent disastrous decisions and consequent results but equally it undermines the manager authority and makes an outstanding outcome unlikely.

In my opinion we need a manger that TB trusts enough to say, 'here are the parameters within which you have to work, how you spend is up to you but don't expect more money but there won't be less'.

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
I haven't read all the pages so don't know if previously mentioned but would probably be a realistic punt.
Gary Johnson from Yeovil.
He's worked wonders with them, would see our budget as a step up.
I think all the big names are far too ambitious especially where we are the moment.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Tony Popvic

He might be ex-Palace but he's done 'wonders with the Wanderers' - Western Sydney Wanderers that is.
The club were only formed 2 years ago.
In their inaugural season they won the League but got beaten in the A-League Grand Final - were also beaten finalists this year.
Currently, he's got the Wanderers into the last 16 of the Asian Champion League - a 1st for any Australian team.
Knows The Championship well - played almost 100 games in it as well as a season in the Premier League.
I'm sure Tony Bloom would be well aware of his abilities and possibly on his radar from his frequent trips here to Australia.

with the greatest of respect, went to Melbourne Victory a couple of times over Christmas, not a great deal of competition in the A League.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I am now thinking
Steve Clark............and what a good job he done with WBA

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
great shout !!

Tony does like to think outside the box, this report from January says he's happy at Madrid but if rumours are correct he'd like the opportunity to manager back in the UK.

He said in the report"I’d like to think there’s a chairman out there who will look at me and think ‘he’s had a good apprenticeship’.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here