New Manager.... Your shortlist

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Tony does like to think outside the box, this report from January says he's happy at Madrid but if rumours are correct he'd like the opportunity to manager back in the UK.

He said in the report"I’d like to think there’s a chairman out there who will look at me and think ‘he’s had a good apprenticeship’.

""I'm getting more and more experience and if I get an opportunity at the top level, great. But most managers don't start there and I can't imagine there'd be many better feelings than taking a team up from the Championship."

I really think he'll be on the shortlist at least

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Malky Mackay is my top choice. But if Villa pull their finger out and get rid of Lambert I would be quite happy with him as well.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
That's a very interesting article on Paul Clement. Sounds like he might be a good fit for us and just the sort of manager that TB would consider.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I have absolutely no idea about who we should appoint. Just make it someone who understands how we operate behind the scenes, appreciates the budget they have to work with, and will be fully committed to the Albion for their contract.

Oh - and can build a team, gets the most from his players, and is tactically astute.

(posted in error on the other thread).

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
A couple of friends have been suggesting we need to bring in someone who can develop players from the new academy. Personally I think that it will take a few years to bear fruit from the academy, and given that fans pay a lot to watch the team I don't want us to gamble on an unknown manager/no experience. I think we deserve somebody with a track record and experience of getting at least one side promoted.

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
I have to say that I really like the sound of Paul Clement from that article, though it's come at me out of the left field.

Otherwise I was looking to Zola, Di Matteo, Clarke or perhaps Meulensteen.

Last edited:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Steve Clarke

Dennis Bergkamp

Malky Mackay

Would love Laudrup but that won't happen

Yet you think Bergkamp might happen? No chance. I'd have him in the Laudrup drawer which is the one marked, "Nice, but won't happen."

For me, it's,

Malky
Clarke
Howe

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Warren Aspinall - an affordable option who knows the club, knows our rival teams and players and can get the best out of Uhura, Kojak and Orlando. He might even get El Hab back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports