New LB from Premier League Club - Joe Bennett Signs

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I asked a Villa fan I know about Bennett the other day. He said that he's never really got going due to unfortunate injuries that stopped him ever being able to try and establish himself. Low on confidence as a result and needs a fresh start. If we sign him it could take a little while for himbto get going but then he should be solid.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
'He was class for us, very attacking, not as great defensively but a very good championship player'.

From my 'Boro supporting mate, on Bennett. Would suit the wing back position perfectly then if that's what we are aiming at.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Some confusion from Birmingham as to Bennett's role this season. Some think he would be first cover for Richardson, others that he has fallen down the pecking order. Appears to have had a good pre-season.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Okay. However the way the signings were scorned was far too over the top.

They were outright dismissed as panic buys and nobodies.

I would very much doubt they are either debut one game wonders

The first hand info I got about Tex was accurate. A view I very much trust
I would like to see us spend some more money. Hopefully another striker. We cannot go with CMS and O'Grady. That would be criminal.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I would like to see us spend some more money. Hopefully another striker. We cannot go with CMS and O'Grady. That would be criminal.

totally agree, O'grady as a replacement for Hoskins. That still leave no replacement for Barnes or Ulloa.

Somehow, we need to bag a quality physical championship striker in the 20 goal region and that will be the hardest to find and get over the line

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I have been very critical of Chicksen but it seemed that he may very well have played well faced with wing-back Byram.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;6521256 said:
Steven Ward on loan from Burnley

I'd be pleased with that....however it's not likely as we hedged at paying him 13k when we could easily have signed him permanently. He must be on better money than that now, having signed for three years for a Premier Team. God, I'd love to swap places with them next season, that'd learn him ! :)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'd be pleased with that....however it's not likely as we hedged at paying him 13k when we could easily have signed him permanently. He must be on better money than that now, having signed for three years for a Premier Team. God, I'd love to swap places with them next season, that'd learn him ! :)

I am sure that I read that he went to Burnley because they offered him more than he was on at Wolves think it was 50% so about £18k ish.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Chicksen has had a few games and not done too badly. Clearly has potential and it would be a shame to drop him at the moment. A run of games would do him a lot of good (hopefully).

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield

Yes, I can't see them snatching him from under our noses, giving him a three year deal, and then loaning him to us.

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Last edited:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I think what counts against Joe Bennett is that he is 24, so a bit older than you would expect for a player looking to gain experience. He also has 2 years left on his contract. If it was one year it could be seen as a loan with a view to a permanent move, (obviously on a lower wage). Not impossible, but we will see.

Nathan Ake of Chelsea would be a major coup.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Saw a report this morning that Spurs are letting Assou-Ekotto go. Very unlikely we'd be interested I suppose but he was playing Championship football for most of last year.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Its going to e the Villa lad i think.

However on last nights showing he will have a job shifting Chicksen who was very good last night

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
joe bennett's history reminds me a lot of joe mattocks, strong reputation in the championship and jumps ship with the chance to play premier league where he doesnt quite make it and now has to drop back down to a championship club with a lower rating than the one at which he started.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports