Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] New Kits Thread - Season 22/23

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
the quote was (our fans) ordering more than they have ever done before- so in terms of shirts actually ordered by fans, not just stocked- so the shirts -home and away are selling more than any other previous ones- whether you, I, or whoever likes them or not, unless the club are just making it up, they are more popular than any previous ones.

Fair enough.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Has anyone investigated whether there's an inverse relationship between quality of the kit and league position. If so – according the views of LOADS of fans – we'll be champions by March! :albion2:

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
Plenty of away shirts on show Saturday but apart from kids, hardly saw anyone with the new home shirt on. I feel the message about having more stock is the one to pick out of this - they are never going to say sales are slow as that would admit that it is not a popular design.

Plenty of kit in stock and not much else. Went to the club shop while over in the UK a couple of weeks ago hoping to pick up the Nike t-shirt with BHAFC and a cotton retro shirt..... nothing. The lad said Nike just send stuff as and when and they have no idea when anything is going to be in stock. Honestly pretty shambolic from an established Premier League club and their suppliers.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Plenty of kit in stock and not much else. Went to the club shop while over in the UK a couple of weeks ago hoping to pick up the Nike t-shirt with BHAFC and a cotton retro shirt..... nothing. The lad said Nike just send stuff as and when and they have no idea when anything is going to be in stock. Honestly pretty shambolic from an established Premier League club and their suppliers.

Maybe it's a similar situation at other clubs, who knows? Certainly there seem to be stock issues everywhere at the moment.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'm going to assume that the increased sales are down to:

1) Brighton's success last season

2) a large number have been sold to various locales around the world. Zambia, Ecuador, Japan etc.

The alternative is that rancid kit is genuinely popular and I may never see us play in a kit I like again.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Was thinking more about the situ here in the UK. In the EU things may well be different.

It's also the case in the EU. Feyenoord had a huge issue here with releasing the new kit due to stock issues.

I suspect the case RE Spain is due to the cost of the shirts in comparison to wages. I went to Croatia and Czech Republic this year. Both Dinamo Zagreb's and Sparta Prague's shirt's were north of 70€.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm going to assume that the increased sales are down to:

1) Brighton's success last season

2) a large number have been sold to various locales around the world. Zambia, Ecuador, Japan etc.

The alternative is that rancid kit is genuinely popular and I may never see us play in a kit I like again.

You should have turned your final comment into reason number 3.

Just the colour of our 2nd choice shirt, orange/tangerine/cerise, call it what you like, for good or bad it really stands out, and is very unusual. For that reason alone a lot of people are snapping it up.

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
It's also the case in the EU. Feyenoord had a huge issue here with releasing the new kit due to stock issues.

I suspect the case RE Spain is due to the cost of the shirts in comparison to wages. I went to Croatia and Czech Republic this year. Both Dinamo Zagreb's and Sparta Prague's shirt's were north of 70€.

I would say you're probably right there. Yesterday afternoon I popped my head into both Levante's and Valencia's club shop and it was impressively stocked with both kit and merchandise. Shirts between 75-90€, which is mental anyway but especially ridiculous considering the average salary is 1100€ a month. My season ticket to Levante cost 245€ ffs and they're nowhere near the cheapest seats.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
I would say you're probably right there. Yesterday afternoon I popped my head into both Levante's and Valencia's club shop and it was impressively stocked with both kit and merchandise. Shirts between 75-90€, which is mental anyway but especially ridiculous considering the average salary is 1100€ a month. My season ticket to Levante cost 245€ ffs and they're nowhere near the cheapest seats.

Yep saw the same in the places I mentioned in my post. In comparison, I pay 220€ a season for FC Utrecht and an extra 20€ for access to the supporter's home in the stadium. Because of this, the stands are decked out in the newest shirts (the away one is an absolute belter) and scarves galore.

I can see why someone in Valencia doesn't fancy spending that much on a shirt when rent is slowly creeping up to half of the average salary.

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
Yep saw the same in the places I mentioned in my post. In comparison, I pay 220€ a season for FC Utrecht and an extra 20€ for access to the supporter's home in the stadium. Because of this, the stands are decked out in the newest shirts (the away one is an absolute belter) and scarves galore.

I can see why someone in Valencia doesn't fancy spending that much on a shirt when rent is slowly creeping up to half of the average salary.

Rent here has gone through the roof in the last couple of years and the bubble will burst very, very soon.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Rent here has gone through the roof in the last couple of years and the bubble will burst very, very soon.

I keep forgetting that for you guys in continental Europe renting property is the big thing. Very popular here in the UK too of course, but some of us, lucky enough to be able to afford an extortionate deposit, can apply for a mortgage and purchase our own home.

That said, it's fast becoming out of reach for most of today's younger generation, because unless they are in exceptionally well paid employment, or are members of the bank of mum and dad, the required deposit is just way out of their means.

It makes me wonder how all this is going to end.

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
I keep forgetting that for you guys in continental Europe renting property is the big thing. Very popular here in the UK too of course, but some of us, lucky enough to be able to afford an extortionate deposit, can apply for a mortgage and purchase our own home.

That said, it's fast becoming out of reach for most of today's younger generation, because unless they are in exceptionally well paid employment, or are members of the bank of mum and dad, the required deposit is just way out of their means.

It makes me wonder how all this is going to end.

Funny you say that because I did it completely the other way round. Rented all the life in Brighton and bought when I moved here.

It really is absolute madness in the UK to buy. How people are meant to save a 50k deposit, even on two good salaries, is beyond me unless they get help somewhere. If people can show they've been paying 1500 quid a month rent for the last few years, why shouldn't they be able to get a mortgage for 700 and a smaller deposit? I'm sure the Tories will get straight on to fixing that though.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
England

image-134.png

image-135.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here