[Football] New Kits Thread - Season 22/23

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jul 7, 2003
Its a bit of a weird one if true because (unlike every other season) this design isn't one of this seasons Nike template kits or anything close to one.

Really? Go back through this thread and there are plenty of references to the standard yoke that Nike have put across their kits this season which is also on this kit.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Imagine being the last club in the PL to release your kit* and it being an utter abomination :lol:

* still not officially obvs, kick off is still 2 weeks away.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Taking a step back, it's obvious that someone at the club thinks we need radical changes to the home kit each season to differentiate them and increase sales.

Personally, I think switching the predominant colour/shorts between blue and white, changing the width of the stripes, collar design and tweaking the trim slightly should be quite enough to play with when designing a home shirt. That's way more variables than, say, Arsenal.

Feels like we've had quite a few controversial features over the past few years - the blue dog collar, the all-blue kit, the 'bib' effect, the patchwork look, and now a yellow streak. Plus the weird gradient stripes (not too bad, I guess) and struck on sponsor, of course.

Can we try simple and classy please?

(I'm probably asking for Adidas here, aren't I?)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Taking a step back, it's obvious that someone at the club thinks we need radical changes to the home kit each season to differentiate them and increase sales.

Personally, I think switching the predominant colour/shorts between blue and white, changing the width of the stripes, collar design and tweaking the trim slightly should be quite enough to play with when designing a home shirt. That's way more variables than, say, Arsenal.

Feels like we've had quite a few controversial features over the past few years - the blue dog collar, the all-blue kit, the 'bib' effect, the patchwork look, and now a yellow streak. Plus the weird gradient stripes (not too bad, I guess) and struck on sponsor, of course.

Can we try simple and classy please?

(I'm probably asking for Adidas here, aren't I?)

It's all about parting the gullible from their 55 quid or whatever. If enough folks just said nah, that kit would be half price or less in the January sales, and rightly so

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
If enough folks just said nah, that kit would be half price or less in the January sales, and rightly so

The club can easily disguise poor sales. It's very, VERY conservative when ordering stock (and one of very few top teams in the country which doesn't reduce prices from March/April).

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Can't we have the old blue, Arsenal style kit for a season. It would be a nice throwback.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
It's all about parting the gullible from their 55 quid or whatever. If enough folks just said nah, that kit would be half price or less in the January sales, and rightly so

You saying that reminded me that although i have often seen training gear and warm up tops etc in various sales online and at the shop i have never seen home or away matchday kit at reduced prices . I have always assumed that they do not do this even if they have excess stock so as not to undermine future demand or because they have an agreement with the manufacturers not to do so .

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Blimey. That is awful. It's so awful that I don't think my son will want it! :eek:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
The club can easily disguise poor sales. It's very, VERY conservative when ordering stock (and one of very few top teams in the country which doesn't reduce prices from March/April).

If that is this years kit I'd respectfully suggest to the club that they go even more conservative when ordering for this season. To the point of not even bothering.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Think it is very likely to be the real thing (why would an official partner of the EPL like Panini put a fake kit on their stickers? Let alone what looks like a complete product).

Im not a fan of the piss dribble to be honest. Thankfully kits don't really matter in the broad scheme of things and can choose to buy/not buy. Im quite happy with my hyperturq for the foreseeable.

What happens if the people that traded in their old shirts for the new one don't like the new home kit?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

I'm guessing Nike has a say in that, as they get at least 90% of the profits from the sales and perhaps don't want clubs to publicly "sort-of" announce that their shirts are unsellable so they have to lower the prices.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
If that is the new kit, it’s pretty horrible.
Not that I’d buy one, but still.

I’d like to see a mock up of that new kit, but switch all the yellow bits to white inc sleeves and neck.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
If that is the new kit, it’s pretty horrible.
Not that I’d buy one, but still.

I’d like to see a mock up of that new kit, but switch all the yellow bits to white inc sleeves and neck.

Found these on Twitter, kind of what you’re talking about. Looks a damn sight better than that yellow stained monstrosity.

[tweet]1550148594421927936[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports