Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New experiences for Caicedo

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think there are going to be several players from last season watching us now, and thinking "why did I leave ?".

OK they've proper filled their trousers, and helped get their "advisors" a new penthouse. But when they're sat at home, watching our wonderful team absolutely shredding the opposition under one of the most energetic and charismatic managers in the game...they've swapped all that for a supposedly BIG CLUB and all the pressure and abuse that entails

I'd be sitting there thinking. "Well. F*ck"

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He’s not fit, it was his first game but watching him yesterday reminded me of watching Biss under Conte. Looked lost and a pale imitation of how he was with us. He will come good unless the Chelsea fans get on his back for every mistake, which is looking pretty likely from their response to his cameo. I thought NSC was a bit knee jerk with players who didn’t perform instantly but this could be another level and destroy his confidence before he has time to settle in.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Genuinely, a new experience for him and something that might explain that debut is playing with the pressure and expectations of being a £115 million player in front of fans who expect instant success and trophies. Having your every move tracked tracked by some keyboard warrior from Lagos too.

You could call it The Cucerella Effect. Suddenly you’re a big fish in a big pond. Let’s see if he can handle it.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
The little cameo where Pochettino was trying to explain to Caicedo what he wanted him to do says it all really.
Caicedo had no idea what he was on about. I can’t add that section on here (maybe someone else can add it)
He looked a bit confused, then he seemed to understand, then looked confused again. Then he ran on.

Crazy decision to join that basket case of a club.
Deserves all he gets, if it fails - fair play if he can make a success of it.
He’s a top player

And the bit he learned yesterday - He doesn’t understand Pochettino hand gestures

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Not having the most sung, and arguably best, player song during a match

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
He’s not fit, it was his first game but watching him yesterday reminded me of watching Biss under Conte. Looked lost and a pale imitation of how he was with us. He will come good unless the Chelsea fans get on his back for every mistake, which is looking pretty likely from their response to his cameo. I thought NSC was a bit knee jerk with players who didn’t perform instantly but this could be another level and destroy his confidence before he has time to settle in.
Oh dear, what a shame. Never mind

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Oh dear, what a shame. Never mind
IMG_0006.jpeg

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Laughing at Chelsea but felt a little bit sorry for Caicedo. Poor management from Poch.
-if he’s not match fit, don’t play him.
-if he doesn’t yet know the system, don’t play him.
-if he’ll be associated with a poor team performance in his first game, don’t play him.
-if he’ll be the subject of ridicule/ire for both sets of fans in the stadium, don’t play him.

But apart from that, yeah, stick on a 21 year old your club put a £115m price tag on in a game you’re chasing. No pressure.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Laughing at Chelsea but felt a little bit sorry for Caicedo. Poor management from Poch.
-if he’s not match fit, don’t play him.
-if he doesn’t yet know the system, don’t play him.
-if he’ll be associated with a poor team performance in his first game, don’t play him.
-if he’ll be the subject of ridicule/ire for both sets of fans in the stadium, don’t play him.

But apart from that, yeah, stick on a 21 year old your club put a £115m price tag on in a game you’re chasing. No pressure.
Sounds like it was £125m with the agent costs included - hilarious price of business for Chelsea, who apparently stated they wouldn't go above £75m.

Still whats another £50m I guess

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Sounds like it was £125m with the agent costs included - hilarious price of business for Chelsea, who apparently stated they wouldn't go above £75m.

That was a bluff that backfired spectacularly and yet I heard from the commentators on yesterday’s game that Poch thanked Winstanley and his side kick for their fine work in getting this transfer over the line :shrug:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
The expresion on his face after he gave away the penalty. Looking around for his team mates to run up and defend him and surround the ref. Nothing. He looked like the loneliest person ion the world and it was about to cave in on him.
For a whole second I did feel sorry for the yound lad.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The expresion on his face after he gave away the penalty. Looking around for his team mates to run up and defend him and surround the ref. Nothing. He looked like the loneliest person ion the world and it was about to cave in on him.
For a whole second I did feel sorry for the yound lad.
Should have gone to a better club when he had the chance!

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012

Can’t believe the agent got £10 million , no wonder they wanted him to go to Chelsea,
I don’t understand why the club has to pay the agent , if the agent is working for the player why does the player not pay the agent

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Can’t believe the agent got £10 million , no wonder they wanted him to go to Chelsea,
I don’t understand why the club has to pay the agent , if the agent is working for the player why does the player not pay the agent
I imagine he also gave them a big chunk as well.

“As a gesture of good will Moises we have negotiated with Chelsea to give us 50% of our fee so you only need to pay us 10 million. We are really looking out for you kiddo”

Sep 9, 2010
I did have a small amount of sympathy for him. But...

Management, senior players and many more besides would 100% have been advising him to not rush off just yet. Prob saying things like...
- You'll be in an unfamiliar club
- With unfamiliar teammates
- Playing unfamiliar tactics
- You won't be in Europe
- With the price tag, expectations will be sky high
- Fans will be on your case much quicker
- Chelsea aren't set up to provide the same quality of support and protection
- Go there and you will leave yourself wide open

The likes of Dunk, Lallana, Milner, Welbz, the coaches etc would have all had this chat with him to help give guidance.

But he has chosen not to take this advise. He knew best. So, I'm sorry Moises, now you'll have to suck it up.

I'm sure given time, like with most difficult experiences in life, he can use it to learn and grow. He'll bounce back, but I bet right now he is feeling a bit exposed.... Ahhh well.

It's a good message to other youngsters in the squad... While you don't have to give Albion your whole career, there's a lot to be said for taking your time and not rushing off to chase the £££ too soon.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Agreed - I don’t understand it either. It was slightly disappointing to see we paid out £8.5M in the last report. Even Nottingham Forest who signed 20 odd players only paid out £4M

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I really feel for the lad.

He's 21-years-old. He's not in his home country. He's been used by agents so they can pocket the biggest wedge for themselves.

Now he's at Chelsea, with nobody around him who really cares for his wellbeing.

He's been used. I hope we don't boo him on his return. Silence will be enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here