Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New deals for Calderon and Casper; CMS + others released

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I know it's the best decision for all parties involved but I do feel sad for CMS as he's always worked so hard to do well here and he seems like one of footballs good guys. Hopefully he'll get a new deal lined up back at Peterborough and do well there.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Little surprised about Casper but I've heard he's great in the dressing room and he's definitely a sufficient number 3 keeper.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Correct decisions on all fronts IMO

If Casper had gone, then we would have needed a third keeper, possibly pushing Walton down the pecking order. I guess he'd have then gone out on loan.

Shame CMS hasn't worked out, he always gave 100% and we never really played to his strengths.

What amount COG? Still under contract? Sorry, but he needs to go too.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Personally wished we didn't renew Bruno's contract earlier on in the season. Two "ageing" right backs to say the least.

Casper being offered a new deal suggests Walton may be loaned out next season.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
All good decisions in my opinion. Should free up some wages and space in our squad.

Looking forward to seeing a new look squad being assembled.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
It's smart keeping Casper, as I can't imagine it's particularly easy bringing in a third choice keeper. If you've already got someone who fits in then it's worth it. I'm sure I remember Walton saying Casper was very good with younger keepers too.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Correct decisions on all fronts IMO

If Casper had gone, then we would have needed a third keeper, possibly pushing Walton down the pecking order. I guess he'd have then gone out on loan.

Shame CMS hasn't worked out, he always gave 100% and we never really played to his strengths.

What amount COG? Still under contract? Sorry, but he needs to go too.

He'll be off but Albion will want to claw back some of the £ 500,000 fee it paid Barnsley.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Personally wished we didn't renew Bruno's contract earlier on in the season. Two "ageing" right backs to say the least.

Casper being offered a new deal suggests Walton may be loaned out next season.

Calde has been playing in midfield for several months now. It's quite possible that we will get another right back in.

We need three keepers at any one time, in case of injury or illness. Walton hasn't gone out on loan this season with three keepers, so why would he go out on loan next season?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Enormously encouraging that this has been announced now, because it seems to show some intent to get on with it.

Agree with all the decisions, but share some sadness about CMS. I love the bloke and think he is a real asset. But his goal-scoring record is not all it could be, to say the least.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Either somebody doesn't understand 'quartet', or one of these players is NOT 'thanked for their service to the club'. I WONDER which one... :jester:

Craig Mackail-Smith, Aaron Hughes, Paddy McCourt, Vitalijs Maksimenko and Kemy Agustien will not have their contracts extended - and Hughton has thanked the quartet for their service to the club.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Happy with that.
Either somebody doesn't understand 'quartet', or one of these players is NOT 'thanked for their service to the club'. I WONDER which one... :jester:
I think they understand quartet just fine.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

I noticed that as well, but further down it says something about Chris Hughton "thanking all 5 players."

it also says that Calde is an important part of the Dressing Room. Which part? My guess is he doubles as a treatment table, where his luxuriant hair can be used with massage to ease the sore parts of a footballer's battered body back in to shape.

I was going to say "gently caress" there, but thought it might get some people a little too excited..

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Started early for a change - very encouraging news
Agree with all those released - hope CMS gets some minutes on the pitch on Saturday so we can show appreciation for someone who has always tried (whether it worked out or not)
The one player I am mystified about us acquiring and then never playing is Aaron Hughes - from the little I've seen of him he looked like a good asset

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Correct decisions on all fronts IMO...

....What amount COG? Still under contract? Sorry, but he needs to go too.

This list is about players being offered a new contract or not.

It is not about whether Ince, Dunk, O'Grady, Holla etc... are sold or given free transfers.

O'Grady could well be sold on to Sheffield United, or elsewhere 'Up North'.

I personally hope no one else is sold.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I noticed that Colunga is still contracted until June 2016 despite a long term loan deal with Granada. With all the changes that are happening at the club is there any way back for him?

His loan was with a view to buy, which will probably happen over the summer.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Despite a lack of end product, I'll still be sad to see CMS go, it should always counts for something when a player can be relied on to put a shift in.

More importantly, Calde's been offered a new deal. My Albion mojo would be so low you'd have to dig for it if he were to leave.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here