Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New Club Statement on OS

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
this all reminds me of a dodgy break up with an ex.........it looks childish from the outside.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Oh dear. Oh dear, oh dear, oh DEAR.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
The club feel that the lma statement was wrong and have said so as everyone here would in the same position. And why the hell shouldnt they since most people were on the clubs case because of it.

A statement like this would only be released with legal advice, the club seem confident they have followed procedures

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Jesus H Christ on a bike.

Moronic. Posturing. Arrogant. Threatening. Self-important. Embarrassing.

Utterly, utterly pathetic.
Don't be so hard on yourself,... you are not that bad.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Indeed, the problem is that all the lawyers will care about is the legal situation - problems such as the clubs reputation or its relationship with important associations such as the LMA will not be of their concern - but these are very important things for the Albion.

Why is their relationship with the LMA so important, they are a managers union, but they are not going to black ball us just cos we dont agree with their statement.
The club could perceive the LMA's statement yesterday as libelous, their statement may have tarnished Brighton and Hove Albions name, in the clubs eyes.
So IF the LMA have made a monumental cock up by backing Gus without knowing all the facts and issuing their statement yesterday, then the club are within their rights to sue them.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Now we're in the realms of dirty washing being aired in public. This was being managed quite well, behind closed doors and without prejudicial comment until yesterday. Now we've got willy battles in the shower.

No-one knows who is right or who is wrong on this score.

We're interested in the outcome, not the public airing of grievances.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Being blacklisted by the LMA would still represent a pretty detrimental impact!
What a tenuous, plucked from thin air, throw away comment,....... get a grip. What the deuce do you think the LMA exists for eh???... they exist to represent managers in this type of situation, they wont blacklist anyone for gods sake, they have no power to do that anyway, what would it give to the LMA even if they did?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Don't worry. Fixtures are out tomorrow. Then we can all drop a known team name into our worried comments

"If this doesn't get sorted out before 4.56pm on Saturday 22nd June then I think we're going to get smashed at Wigan on the first day of the season". Much more dramatic.

ack

Apr 20, 2006
no, thats not quite true, most lawyers are well aware of the commercial realities of litigation and the detrimenetal impact it has on businesses.

most lawyers wouldnt of allowed their defendant to appear on tv and be able to prepar for that, unless they cast iron sure o
f their case

sharpey38

Aug 4, 2011
Denton
If we have to set a precident like bosman did, then i am all for it.

greedy managers and players are the ones shitting on clubs and fans.

Now we're in the realms of dirty washing being aired in public. This was being managed quite well, behind closed doors and without prejudicial comment until yesterday. Now we've got willy battles in the shower.

No-one knows who is right or who is wrong on this score.

We're interested in the outcome, not the public airing of grievances.

Basically this.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Jesus H Christ on a bike.

Moronic. Posturing. Arrogant. Threatening. Self-important. Embarrassing.

Utterly, utterly pathetic.

This. Who is behind all this ? mmmmmm

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
My God this is getting pathetic now. I'm off to support Palace instead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here