Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New away kit

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Ah Thistle new kit at last, I prefered last years with the black arms though.

A classic kit, if ever there was one, subbuteo I blame you....

Attachments

• oneills-partick-thistle-h-jsy-p61254-601258_thumbmini.jpg
    oneills-partick-thistle-h-jsy-p61254-601258_thumbmini.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 174

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Hate to be the party pooper here but please remember that this is Nike. A company that is still paying poverty wages to its employees in the far east.

"According to the ethical clothing advocacy group Good On You, Nike is certified under the Fair Labor Association Workplace Code of Conduct. But a 2018 report by the Clean Clothes Campaign, found that Adidas and Nike still pay “poverty” wages to workers. The report called on both Nike and Adidas to commit to paying "living" wages (the amount of income needed to provide a decent standard of living) to its workers.

With an annual revenue of over $US30 billion it should be able to afford it"

https://www.newidea.com.au/nike-sweatshops-the-truth-about-the-nike-factory-scandal

Also now linked to using Uyghr forced labourers in China

https://qz.com/1811305/nike-apple-linked-to-forced-uighur-labor-in-china-report-says/

Before buying Nike products please take a moment to think about whether you really need it.

I'm disappointed that our club continues to be associated with a company with such a long history of abusing its workers. But its just "pounds before principles" I suppose.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Ah Thistle new kit at last, I prefered last years with the black arms though.

A classic kit, if ever there was one, subbuteo I blame you....

That brings back memories. One piece of trivia we always used to talk about after too many beers was, other than Watford(at a push) is there anybody in English professional football that plays in red/yellow stripes???

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
All I can say is that I can see why wearing retro shirts has become a thing for fans. I'd rather get my NOBO out than splash out on either of this season's kits.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Not sure how this will look on us mere mortals , looks lovely on a muscle ripped football player ,that I admit , but I'd like to see Nigella model it before I spend my money as we are of similar build .

Yes, reckon it was a mistake making it slim fit

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Crikey the Citeh game was two months ago, hasn't his shirt arrived yet? How come you can walk into the Superstore tomorrow and pick up a new away shirt, but you can't do the same for the home version?

I e-mailed the club yesterday, awaiting a response. With a shirt for me as well, plus all the extras of names etc. over 127 quid.

Did everyone who ordered on line get an e-mail from the delivery company in advance?

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Funny thing, l felt sure that it was going to be red for some reason, no idea why.

I've a feeling that we will be wearing our yellow 3rd kit quite abit this coming season, bearing in mind this is also blue, albeit in a different shade.

Blue...it's a shade of green, surely!! (on it's way to the Bear Pit)

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
That brings back memories. One piece of trivia we always used to talk about after too many beers was, other than Watford(at a push) is there anybody in English professional football that plays in red/yellow stripes???

is there?

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Last season WBA played in a Red and Yellow striped shirt on 3 occasions apparently.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Arrived today and love it.
The large is just about large enough but any more gut and I'd be needing the XL.

gmabel830

Aug 12, 2017
Ordered one yesterday... now I wait for an astronomically long time for it to arrive in the States. Thanks Brexit/COVID!! :)

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Ordered one yesterday... now I wait for an astronomically long time for it to arrive in the States. Thanks Brexit/COVID!! :)

It should be pretty quick in fairness, I posted a record to a friend in San Fran Monday normal first class tracked and it still hasn’t arrived, hope that helps ease your mind.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
There is obviously an historic trail of the colour, started with the Pavillion ? then railings? It's a good colour. maybe the team can get Bianchi sponsored bikes to match as well.

its a nod to Amex , its their corporate colours. and the colour that was first used on an Amex card

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here