Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] new away fan ID/ticketing system

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
My suggestion is to build up the required loyalty points for T1 and then buy a ticket on the first day of sale, or if in T2 log-on and be ready at 9am the following day.

Albion + members can not be in top tiers as it ST points in these tiers, Albion + only get a chance after all ST

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
The issue for me is that because you have to buy the tickets so flippin far in advance, normally at least 2 months ahead, there is every chance a reasonable % can't go on the day. Things change, family stuff etc. At the moment, you let a mate have the ticket. This prevents this, which invariably means less people going and empty seats. That's the issue. If they could find a fair way to let the ticket be resold up to say 72 hours ahead of the match I would have no issue with this. And given they are now setting up their own collection point for away matches this could be done.

Someone posted earlier in this thread that they had returned a ticket as little as 24 hours before the game, received their refund, and seen it go on sale and be bought on the Albion site.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Albion + members can not be in top tiers as it ST points in these tiers, Albion + only get a chance after all ST

No problem as home season tickets also come with loyalty points. There are a number of ways to get to [MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION]'s 280 points.

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
That was the case before the pandemic, I agree, but last season they made the decision to close the ticket office on saturdays for whatever reason, and this situation came up a few times last year. To be fair it was a bit sweeping, but it was a frustrating situation, as they have been helpful before, but this specific time it was not. To be fair the few people from the club who were present were much more helpful than West Brom, who just stonewalled us until eventually they allowed us the ticket, after bank statements etc.

Maybe yours was a one off experience for some reason. I have been told by Supporter services that they always have staff working on an away match day so they can assist with any issues. I've had to pick up tickets many times because I used to live out of England and picking up at the ground was the usual route if they weren't ready at the last Amex home game. Usually there have been no issues with picking up. The only time I had an issue was at Forest Green and there were definitely Albion staff in their offices doing their darndest to sort out problems.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Someone posted earlier in this thread that they had returned a ticket as little as 24 hours before the game, received their refund, and seen it go on sale and be bought on the Albion site.

Good point. As I said in an earlier post, the club do seem to be making this as easy as they can. And with my helpful and practical advice on how to increase your loyalty points, there should not be any issues with getting away tickets.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Shame they couldn't set up a collection point when one of my mates left his ticket at home by mistake, and then we had to contact the West Brom ticket office on the day to solve the issue, because the Brighton one was closed.

At least being picked to turn up and collect your ticket removes the risk of this happening! I've lost count of the number of times I've left the house with my away ticket still safely in its envelop in my man drawer. Fortunately, I've never got further than 5 mins from the house before realising.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
There are some absolute meltodwns on the twitters over this. Some fans have decided to stop supporting the Albion. Feels a tad over the top.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
But if you do not have 280 points, all you need to do is go to suffient games to get to this number. For example, I'm on 265 points at present. If I want to get to 280 points I will simply need to go to 3 games with 5 loyalty points and hey-presto I'm going to Brentford as 265+5+5+5=280. Or I could go to just 2 away games with 10 and 5 loyalty points and still go. Are there away games with 15? Maybe just a cheeky home League cup tie will suffice?

Firstly, all season ticket holders get to purchase first .. even if as an Albion+ member you have 280 points you have to wait until all season ticket holders (even those with minimum points) have purchased.

Secondly I’m not sure how an Albion+ member can get to that many points bearing in mind they are halved each season… would take quite some time I’d expect.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Exactly, and I have no issue with that. All I am asking is that STH who buy away tickets do so for themselves rather than to sell on social media or to mates. This happens. It can be seen online so no point people claiming it is a minor problem.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Good point. As I said in an earlier post, the club do seem to be making this as easy as they can. And with my helpful and practical advice on how to increase your loyalty points, there should not be any issues with getting away tickets.
Not for this game their not, my friend tried to a return a ticket on the 27th September and was refused, that’s nearly three weeks prior to the game,
Below is my post 163 in this thread

A friend of mine has just rung the club because he has two tickets for this game and one of them can’t go now
He asked if he could transfer that ticket to another STH who has a points record and he was told no
He was informed that the tickets are now in the post and cannot be changed and also the ticket cannot have a refund, so there’s one empty seat . Well done Albion another pissed off STH

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
A friend of mine has just rung the club because he has two tickets for this game and one of them can’t go now
He asked if he could transfer that ticket to another STH who has a points record and he was told no
He was informed that the tickets are now in the post and cannot be changed and also the ticket cannot have a refund, so there’s one empty seat . Well done Albion another pissed off STH

Your 'friend' hasn't been selected to collect at the gate, so could pass on the ticket...? :whistle:

(Or are they doing spot checks too? Can't keep up)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not for this game their not, my friend tried to a return a ticket on the 27th September and was refused, that’s nearly three weeks prior to the game,
Below is my post 163 in this thread

Someone else said they were able to do this? Maybe certain situations facilitate the club being able to help supporters and some don’t? I don’t know :shrug:

If I couldn’t make a game I’d bought a ticket for I’d be disappointed I couldn’t make it but that’s all. I wouldn’t expect the club to buy the ticket back and resell it.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Agreed, but one thing I would expect, is the club to be consistent and they have taken tickets back in the past and resold them
And don’t threatened fans with ten match bans if they pass a ticket to someone who gets in trouble and then ask fans to sell four guest tickets for the next away game

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Agreed, but one thing I would expect, is the club to be consistent and they have taken tickets back in the past and resold them
And don’t threatened fans with ten match bans if they pass a ticket to someone who gets in trouble and then ask fans to sell four guest tickets for the next away game

One thing that is confusing me is that in your original post you stated that your friend asked if he could transfer the ticket to someone else which would obviously in the current climate be refused. You do not say if he in fact asked for and was also refused a refund if the ticket could be resold on the club site. If that was indeed the case then i would have to agree that it seems at odds with a previous post where this was allowed and maybe the club could be asked to clarify this especially as they do not want tickets being passed on without their knowledge.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I never mentioned Brentford away. Tier 2 loyalty points holders will have lost out for Brentford away to tier 1s buying tickets to sell on to mates or on social media.

Somebody cocked up somewhere with the Brentford tickets, the tickets never went to bracket 2. As I was waiting to get one for a relative who was in Group 2, and just before the bracket went on sale, it said sold out. Also I didn’t see a single Brentford ticket for sale on social media, maybe that was just me, I think genuinely Brentford just fell well and they all got snapped up. I even told someone on Twitter to stop asking, because he was asking every day, and they are nearly impossible for that fixture, but also because plenty of tier 2 people who are friends wanted them, and couldn’t get them legitimately.

I do agree though that in the last week a huge amount of people have been selling Liverpool tickets, and I can see why that annoys you, because that isn’t fair on you, having a poorer view. Also this practice has been frowned upon by the club for quite some time, so people are stupid to do it so openly on social media.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here