Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] new away fan ID/ticketing system

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
sorry if fixtures but apparently the club will now be selecting a random sample of tickets to not send out, these tickets must then be collected at the away club's ticket offices on match day, subject to showing the correct ID

I know the club want to be pretty strict on this issue, but as a solution, this seems a little over the top and inefficient. will cause further delays at the already packed ticket offices

Last edited by a moderator:

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2802772/away-tickets-not-to-be-distributed-by-fans/

Time to stock up on the Pringles. A crack down on handing on away tickets incoming from the Brentford game, with some pretty harsh penalties and tickets being held back for collection.

I think when they say "Tickets will be held back at random" it will be anything but. I reckon they have some accounts they are targeting.

10 game ban a bit harsh. Is there a mechanism to send tickets back if you aren't going? For example, I'm sure there are a fair few who've had a change of heart now the trains are on strike for Liverpool. Big difference between buying tickets for someone else and flogging on if circumstances change.

Also, collecting tickets from the Away end. Massive pain in the hoop. I remember doing that at Withdean and missing kick off.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Well after Brentford tickets sold out on day 1 it makes sense to check people aren't taking the piss. Hopefully just a short term measure though.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2802772/away-tickets-not-to-be-distributed-by-fans/

Time to stock up on the Pringles. A crack down on handing on away tickets incoming from the Brentford game, with some pretty harsh penalties and tickets being held back for collection.

Interested to see what this does for away attendances.......not necessarily overall numbers, but make-up of the crowd. Didn't realise we had a fully documented 'sanctions tariff' either.................

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Not surprised by this at all. Way, way too much loose chat around 'spare' away tickets - on here and elsewhere.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think when they say "Tickets will be held back at random" it will be anything but. I reckon they have some accounts they are targeting.

10 game ban a bit harsh. Is there a mechanism to send tickets back if you aren't going? For example, I'm sure there are a fair few who've had a change of heart now the trains are on strike for Liverpool. Big difference between buying tickets for someone else and flogging on if circumstances change.

Agree re 'random' - suspect certain groups have been identified following on from issues, but this will stop it pretty much completely - can't see people taking the risk of lengthy home bans

Re sending tickets back, very difficult at short notice

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Going to be a real ball ache having to go to ticket office on the day of the game if your tickets are held back. Is it really that much of a problem considering most away games go down to purchase history? The bigger issue is the large number of empty seats at the Amex, I’d rather the club put the effort into rectifying that issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Or do you think the club is just trying to put the "scarers" on the perceived offenders?

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Collection will be at the away ground when you arrive

Correct :thumbsup:

Last season my ticket for Leicester away didn't turn up. Contacted the club a few days before game and they confirmed there had been a problem with printing a small batch of tickets. Mate I was meeting up there had the same issue. Absolutely no issue collecting the ticket from Leicester ticket office.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Agree re 'random' - suspect certain groups have been identified following on from issues, but this will stop it pretty much completely - can't see people taking the risk of lengthy home bans

Re sending tickets back, very difficult at short notice

I returned tickets to the club for two away games last year. It was all last minute as my son was in hospital and I couldn't go to the games. I contacted the club to say I couldn't use the tickets and would rather someone else was able to use them (I wasn't going to just hand them to someone else). They told me to return them using signed for post and I was refunded the day they received them. One of the games they literally got the ticket back on the Friday for a Saturday game. I saw it go back up for sale and was quickly sold again.

The club were excellent.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Correct :thumbsup:

Last season my ticket for Leicester away didn't turn up. Contacted the club a few days before game and they confirmed there had been a problem with printing a small batch of tickets. Mate I was meeting up there had the same issue. Absolutely no issue collecting the ticket from Leicester ticket office.

Not sure about how I would feel travelling half way across the country in the hope that my ticket will be there ! ???

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Well after Brentford tickets sold out on day 1 it makes sense to check people aren't taking the piss. Hopefully just a short term measure though.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

This

Not surprised by this at all. Way, way too much loose chat around 'spare' away tickets - on here and elsewhere.

And this

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Junior CWWW as most annoyed that he could not get a ticket for Liverpool away, but his Pompey supporting cousin was given one.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
This is so ill-judged it’s parodic.

The story looks like it’s been copied directly from an email missive and rushed out. It’s a complex issue that needed a bit of thought and consultation. People can’t use tickets for a load of reasons - having to work, family commitments, illness etc. The whole tone of it, instantly threatening punishments for what are almost certainly very few examples of people trying to dodge the loyalty system, speaks volumes about how fans (customers) are viewed. Feels like these sort of goodwill burners have been going on for decades and successive decision-makers haven’t got any more sensible.

Shows what empty symbolism the fan advisory group is. Is it worth worsening the relationship with supporters again over their perceived problem? Off the top of my head, how about using the time and admin going into those measures - which you can easily imagine going wrong - to create an away exchange scheme for sold-out games? Probably not the answer, but then neither are these kinds of announcements.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I returned tickets to the club for two away games last year. It was all last minute as my son was in hospital and I couldn't go to the games. I contacted the club to say I couldn't use the tickets and would rather someone else was able to use them (I wasn't going to just hand them to someone else). They told me to return them using signed for post and I was refunded the day they received them. One of the games they literally got the ticket back on the Friday for a Saturday game. I saw it go back up for sale and was quickly sold again.

The club were excellent.

Good to hear - hope they're prepared for an unusually large number of people who suddenly can't make the next couple of away games :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here