Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] new away fan ID/ticketing system

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Likewise……also had Brentford loyalty points added even though I couldn’t make it due to a change of holiday plans (ticket obviously went to waste)

I had wondered whether any Brentford no shows who had subsequent away tickets would be part of the “random check”

I suspect they will feature at Wolves as well if they can’t make city

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Though I'm in favour of this in general, I have Wolves tickets which I won't be using now thanks to the rail strike. Would be pretty annoying if I got a pick up and failed to show and got a black mark for that when I don't drive and my son gets sick in coaches.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Though I'm in favour of this in general, I have Wolves tickets which I won't be using now thanks to the rail strike. Would be pretty annoying if I got a pick up and failed to show and got a black mark for that when I don't drive and my son gets sick in coaches.
Not going tomorrow as couldn't get on Seagulls Travel and trains totally unreliable but have booked Seagulls Travel to Wolves as only option

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex
Don’t really know why they’ve waited until today to inform fans they need to pick up tickets for checks. Kind of takes the mickey a bit. A lot of people are having to negotiate a longer route (via Sheffield, Doncaster, Leeds) and it seems a bit of a joke to be told one day before. Poor organisation. For a game which went to general sale, does anyone else think this is all getting a bit strange?
The first rule of Brighton and Hove Albion Club is.- to piss off the "customers "

The second rule of Brighton and Hov......

Vin

Jun 12, 2021
If your ticket didn’t get sent in time then go to either the Albion staff outside the away end (first) and ask. They might send you to the City ticket
office or deal with it there and they will print you off a duplicate. The Etihad is a big stadium to walk around so give yourself decent time.

If you have proof of iD/purchase etc.
Thanks for the advice CJ, much appreciated.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Very inopportune timing with all the rail strikes and rising covid cases at the moment.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I was going to offer you my car if you wanted it as I never use it. But I guess that's redundant now. I thought you did drive.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I was going to offer you my car if you wanted it as I never use it. But I guess that's redundant now. I thought you did drive.
Very kind. I have a full driving licence but last used it 10 years ago. Doubt I'd make Gatwick before some fiery death occurred, and I like using the train from an ecological POV* anyway.

*and obviously I can have a drink......

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Very kind. I have a full driving licence but last used it 10 years ago. Doubt I'd make Gatwick before some fiery death occurred, and I like using the train from an ecological POV* anyway.

My car is proof of my green credentials. It only gets used about five times a year, It's good job it sits outside as I would never know where it was parked.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I was told that my 16 year old didn’t need ID, only the adults.
How will you prove your lad is under 16 though?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Two of our party had a check. Received tickets about a week ago and then on Friday received the email they had been cancelled and we'd need to pick up replacements at the ground. Was quick and there were no problems.

The problem was the bloody trains!!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Not sure what the club are playing at to be honest, I can understand doing this random ticket collection at Brentford that has a small away section and it’s a fairly local match, but not for Man City.

My sons and their friends traveled up to Manchester on Friday, one lad received an email after they had left saying their ticket was cancelled and to collect a new one at City, obviously also showing photo ID.
Far too late to send the email IMO, this sort of thing needs sorting out at least midweek for a Saturday match.
Luckily the lad had photo ID with him.

I think fair play to fans that travel to away games hundreds of miles away when there are train strikes, but the club don’t need to mess them around with stuff like this.

Last edited:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Two Arsenal tickets arrived this morning, no name on either.

Now puzzled as to how I prove I'm the invisible man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here