Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Never mind the team, where did the fans' spirit go?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
dougdeep said:
It's the mushroom syndrome, we haven't heard any good news for so long that the vermin are chewing at our very souls.

Good point well made That man.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
dougdeep said:
It's the mushroom syndrome, we haven't heard any good news for so long that the vermin are chewing at our very souls.

Our results have become the most important thing following the Falmer YES and we are no longer all pulling together for the future of the club which overshadowed everything on the pitch before. Although LDC have challenged the ruling I think most feel we will win in the end so our perspectives have changed to the short term now.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Will everyone please stop bringing up Hereford everytime as if it's an example to be Henry V like quoted when the chips are down - It was an AWFUL game of football.

1997 and all that is becoming our version of 1966 - a bit pathetic to keep harking back to and now very boring.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
It wasn't just Hereford - that was a culmination of half a season of fightback from 12 points adrift. Agreed it should be seen as ancient history now though.

Last edited:

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I think that most of us are capable of distinguishing between problems that were caused by the Archelotti years, and those that are within the power of the club to do something about. There is no point in moaning about the former but in the latter category I would put:

- Making full use of the playing budget we have, whether that is in terms of tactics, motivation or expenditure on new players

- Communication from Board level to the fans

I wouldn't rate the club too highly against these criteria at the moment and I don't think that I am being disloyal be saying so on here. During a game I will always get behind the team.

In many ways I wish that I could adopt an 'everything is or the best in the best of all possible worlds' approach I would feel a lot happier this morning, but I can't.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Well,I think we should carry on being good fans despite the fact we are condemned to relegation.Lets just enjoy teams like Southampton coming to Withdean other than teams like Doncaster and Gillingham.The team are crap,the manager's crap but we can't let the fans be crap either!!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that was is upsetting most people is the fact that they are not happy with the information coming out of the club.

In September MM said his now famous quote' we are 2 players off of being a reasonable mid table team' we still haven't got those 2 players. One minute we are skint and cannot afford to bring in players, so people quote the money that has come into the club in player sales and then it changes to we have the money but nobody wants to come here.

Most people on here will not buy that theory that players won't come here the only ones who do are those that are closer to DK than his underpants.

If the club had said something instead of, as quoted, used the 'mushroon syndrome' perhaps more would accept the inevitable.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
DJ Leon said:
There are also those on here who constantly rumourmonger about the spirit of the players, depsite knowing nothing of what they think. So let's forget about the team for a moment, where did all our spirit go? Should I be PROUD to be a Brighton fan? Because reading NSC, I don't feel especially proud.

Well read the threads more.Have you not seen that the unproud Brighton fans have just over taken Reading in the Coca Cola competition?Have you not been to a game recently,in which even though we're losing we still sing all the way to the end?There are plenty of things to be proud of being an Albion fan for,it's just we do have a right to b mad at McGhee as we pay good money for our tickets and we expect to see the Albion play well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here