Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nervous?

If you're nervous now there's no reason to stop even if we DO win on Tuesday. Yeah, so we'll be mathematically certain of promotion ..... for the moment. But what if Plymouth go bust and we lose six pionts? What if there's an FA investigation into previously-unknown dodgy transfer dealings and we lose points? What if there's a pitch invasion and the Football League dock us points? What if Tony Bloom loses all his money and we end up going to Administration and having points deducted?

If I were you I'd carry on being nervous right up until the Championship fixtures for next season are published and you can see our name there ..... and even then something might go wrong.

....And what if the sky falls??

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
porky pie do you get nervous everytime your wife is about 2 minutes home from work? thinking the worse. thinking she has finally run off with that other chicken pie. She always said she preferred chicken to pork. Do these thoughts run through your head?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
porky pie do you get nervous everytime your wife is about 2 minutes home from work? thinking the worse. thinking she has finally run off with that other chicken pie. She always said she preferred chicken to pork. Do these thoughts run through your head?

:lol:

porkypie

On the road to no where
Oct 31, 2009
Button Moon

:lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am a glass half empty type of person and I've followed this club too long not to expect us to f*** up and until Saturday I remained nervous. Virtually every team we play at the moment comes into the game in form and we beat them, comfortably in Sheffield Wednesday's case. D & G scored 3 at the weekend but I'm now of the opinion that we are gonna piss this league and seriously embarrass Adkins and Clarke on our way to the title.

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
If you're nervous now there's no reason to stop even if we DO win on Tuesday. Yeah, so we'll be mathematically certain of promotion ..... for the moment. But what if Plymouth go bust and we lose six pionts? What if there's an FA investigation into previously-unknown dodgy transfer dealings and we lose points? What if there's a pitch invasion and the Football League dock us points? What if Tony Bloom loses all his money and we end up going to Administration and having points deducted?

If I were you I'd carry on being nervous right up until the Championship fixtures for next season are published and you can see our name there ..... and even then something might go wrong.

I'm not that nervous!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Actually, cautious is a better word than nervous...

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Haven't been nervous for months. For me the season ended when we got knocked out of the Cup at Stoke, I knew then promotion was just a matter of time and the only 'unknown' was the game at which it would be mathematically confirmed.

Really can't (and haven't) been able to understand all the people who've had any doubts just because it wasn't mathematically confirmed. There's never been a league campaign like this in our history, we've been in a totally different class to every other side in this division.

Absolutely agree with this. Of all our promotion/title successes I feel this has been one of the most satisfying as we have never looked like letting it slip. The strength and confidence this side has shown has been simply awesome especially when compared with the erratic form of the chasing pack. Saturday's game being a case in point. A brightish start from our opponents, was quickly nullified and once we got in front the result was never in doubt. Just a clinical get the job done mentality against a side who were just not competitive against us at all.

I know the Daggers gave us one of (if not) the toughest games of recent of weeks, but make no mistake, we will want to get the job done on tuesday night with a minimum amount of fuss before moving on to secure a well deserved title.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Very nervous........only because I can't get a f*****g ticket and miss the celebrations !!!!

Anyone got a spare to sell ??? PLEASE

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Nervous? not in the slightest!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here