• Rip it down

Votes: 8 5.2%
  • What?! 'F' No!

Votes: 145 94.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Fair enough. I'm just trusting in the notion that what was in the original article is right so can neither confirm or deny it.

Having said that, I have just googles Nelson + Slavery and found this, in which Nelson's lettter does indicate his support of slavery and the colonies and his hatred of Wilberforce.:

https://blog.soton.ac.uk/slaveryand.../horatio-nelson-to-simon-taylor-10-june-1805/

he was on one side of the controversy of the day, not doing anything illegal. Just being wrong. Not quite like Robert E Lee, who was helping to lead the fight for the Confederates so that they could retain slavery.

It says he supports the colonies, and was fighting the French fleet in the West Indies for the Navy, but it appears to be the writers assumption that he hated Wilberforce because Cobbett and Taylor did. Why star out the name if it said Wilberforce? Surely that is the evidence?

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Fair enough. I'm just trusting in the notion that what was in the original article is right so can neither confirm or deny it.

Having said that, I have just googles Nelson + Slavery and found this, in which Nelson's lettter does indicate his support of slavery and the colonies and his hatred of Wilberforce.:

https://blog.soton.ac.uk/slaveryand.../horatio-nelson-to-simon-taylor-10-june-1805/

he was on one side of the controversy of the day, not doing anything illegal. Just being wrong. Not quite like Robert E Lee, who was helping to lead the fight for the Confederates so that they could retain slavery.

That is a rather dubious assumption. The redacted name could be anyone. Also the original reporters of the 'find' were flawlessly unbiased in their reasoning is taken for granted without question? Hmmm

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
brucies-column.jpg

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/...andhi-statue-because-hes-racist-a4262711.html

Manchester University students are calling for plans to build a Mahatma Gandhi statue in the city to be scrapped because of his “anti-black racism”.

The city council approved a 9ft bronze statue of the Indian independence figure to be erected outside Manchester Cathedral to promote peace following the 2017 Manchester Arena terror attack that killed 22 people.

But a group of students are calling for the council to reverse its decision due to Gandhi’s “well-documented anti-black racism and complicity in the British Empires action in Africa".

In an open letter, under the hashtag #GandhiMustFall, the students demanded a statement acknowledging his “racism”, an apology and to reverse the decision while redirecting funds to commemorate a black anti-racist activist.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/...andhi-statue-because-hes-racist-a4262711.html

Manchester University students are calling for plans to build a Mahatma Gandhi statue in the city to be scrapped because of his “anti-black racism”.

The city council approved a 9ft bronze statue of the Indian independence figure to be erected outside Manchester Cathedral to promote peace following the 2017 Manchester Arena terror attack that killed 22 people.

But a group of students are calling for the council to reverse its decision due to Gandhi’s “well-documented anti-black racism and complicity in the British Empires action in Africa".

In an open letter, under the hashtag #GandhiMustFall, the students demanded a statement acknowledging his “racism”, an apology and to reverse the decision while redirecting funds to commemorate a black anti-racist activist.

Judge by the standards of the day (which I'm sure has been said 72 times on the previous 17 pages bounced from years ago which I can't be bothered to look at)

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Why is it when a handful of Uber lefties come up with a new way to make a fuss they get national coverage? As if the vast majority even thinks or cares about this .

I'd be more in favour of removing these twunts from our society than a couple of statues .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe we can just ignore said nonsense and go about our business.

There seems to be a need for people to get triggered and outraged by every silly suggestions that people come up with.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here