Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Its a shocking indictment this government only found the money to free her when it needed something in exchange and that's oil, they could have got her freed any time in past 6 years

If Russian hadn't been sanctioned and oil prices weren't surging she'd still be in Iran

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I apologise in advance in case anyone finds this offensive.

[tweet]1506364327279923206[/tweet]

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I want to know why the husband looks shattered and she looks like she’s just had a spa weekend ???

In fairness, he did conduct a hunger strike outside the Foreign Office.

He's clearly not going to get the remote back till around 2025 at the earliest though.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Careful. I was told off the other day for having the temerity to deflect from a 'good news' thread by mentioning Johnson's role in prolonging her incarceration. Another lefty, talking this great country down (etc. etc.).

Keep up the good work, TB :thumbsup:

The truth hurts, eh!:wink::wink::)

And just in case the emojis don’t make it clear, I am joking.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
We know why you’re shouting [emoji849]

Because you’re a nincompoop of the first order who won’t listen or acknowledge the truth when it’s staring you in the face……..

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I just opened the thread to share this. As usual, Marina Hyde absolutely nails it. :lolol:.

I love Marina - I always turn to her column first, and then John Crace.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Careful. I was told off the other day for having the temerity to deflect from a 'good news' thread by mentioning Johnson's role in prolonging her incarceration. Another lefty, talking this great country down (etc. etc.).

Keep up the good work, TB :thumbsup:

I bet those telling you to be quiet and not criticise their darling Boris are the same sort of people who accuse Lefties of suppressing free-speech through 'cancel culture' :facepalm:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Well said Jeremy Hunt, and he is not alone on the Tory Party saying such things. I saw a quote from a former MP and Foreign Office Minister (whose name escapes me) yesterday saying there should be an enquiry about why it took 6 years.

Thunder Bolt is right. Some people just don’t like strong women. She hadn’t said anything that didn’t need saying, and has done it with dignity and courage.

Edit - P.S - it was Alastair Burt, who was a minister for the Middle East.
And the Foreign Affairs select committee is to hold an enquiry as to why it took so long

Former Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt, he should be included in any investigation into failure.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Aaah! But the critics also get the right to say what they think. Or did the deity Marina conveniently forget that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I want to know why the husband looks shattered and she looks like she’s just had a spa weekend ???

Do you actually want to know, or are you just having a snide dig?

He's spent six years working tirelessly to get her home, including staging hunger strikes, and has had at least one period of illness. Can you even imagine the emotional stress of what he's been through? I don't think his looking spent now, is any surprise whatsoever.

She has served the last couple of years of her sentence, under house arrest, with her parents in Tehran, so has had the chance to physically recover from her earlier ordeal.

:shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I bet those telling you to be quiet and not criticise their darling Boris are the same sort of people who accuse Lefties of suppressing free-speech through 'cancel culture' :facepalm:

Disappointingly it was someone for whom I have high regard.

The NSC gammon wouldn't open any such thread, I suspect, unless to check whether it was an opportunity to pile in on a new thread about foringer commiting a sexcrime. :facepalm:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Aaah! But the critics also get the right to say what they think. Or did the deity Marina conveniently forget that?

'Critics'? Critics of what?

In what world do we need to critique a political prisoner on her release from 6 years of illegal incarceration!?

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex

If my wife had been away for 6 years and came home looking like that, I think I would look pretty shattered the morning after, :lolol:

Good luck to her and her family let’s hope they can put this behind them and enjoy the family life they deserve.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.

Have you seen the sort of disgusting things they were saying - went far beyond criticism, and the "#sendherback" was absolutely disgusting. Usual bullying from Hard Right Trolls, Twitter-mob and keyboard warriors in their mum's basement typing one-handed.

Many, if not most, of those attacking her were the usual misogynists and racists - how dare a woman, with slightly brown skin, criticise the last 6 Foreign Secretaries (which includes their darling can-do-no-wrong Boris); she should just shut-up and know her place as a mere female and a semi-forriner.

She has more intelligence and dignity than all her critics put together.

Last edited:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
'Critics'? Critics of what?

In what world do we need to critique a political prisoner on her release from 6 years of illegal incarceration!?

One with free speech you idiot

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here