Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Have you seen he sort of disgusting things they were saying - went far beyond criticism, and the "#sendherback" was absolutely disgusting. Usual bullying from Hard Right Trolls, Twitter-mob and keyboard warriors in their mum's basement typing one-handed.

Many, if not most, of those attacking her were the usual misogynists and racists - how dare a woman, with slightly brown skin, criticise the last 6 Foreign Secretaries (which includes their darling can-do-no-wrong Boris); she should just shut-up and know her place.

She has more intelligence and dignity than all her critics put together.

Yes, them, let them hang themselves. As I said, the key is free speech. Hers, Marina’s, and theirs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yes, them, let them hang themselves. As I said, the key is free speech. Hers, Marina’s, and theirs.

I'm not sure you understand 'free speech' - but generally it doesn't mean being able to be racist, sexist, threatening, abusive etc...

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I'm not sure you understand 'free speech' - but generally it doesn't mean being able to be racist, sexist, threatening, abusive etc...

I fully understand. Do you understand the phrase “hang themselves”?

Or are you so far gone you cannot see straight?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I tell you what, though.

He does recognise the need for a new striker when he sees one. ???

:facepalm:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I tell you what, though.

He does recognise the need for a new striker when he sees one. ???

:facepalm:

He’s coming …

But in the summer

And when we off Welbs we’ll need another one

Why the Facepalm? You know I am correct.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Sure. But I am saying 'freedom of speech' doesn't really exist does it. Any way bit early for you to be out of hibernation isn't it ? Wet the bed?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
One with free speech you idiot

Blimey...chill out.

How can anyone get so irrationally angry and abusive to people who are politely challenging their opinions?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Sure. But I am saying 'freedom of speech' doesn't really exist does it. Any way bit early for you to be out of hibernation isn't it ? Wet the bed?

How childish of you. I usually wouldn’t waste my time on political threads here but I have caught COVID-19 so not working. Just thought the deity Marina needed a rethink by those sucking up to her on here

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Blimey...chill out.

How can anyone get so irrationally angry and abusive to people who are politely challenging their opinions?

Sorry. What are you talking about? I just pointed out the gaping hole in Marina’s rather stupid article.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Sorry. What are you talking about? I just pointed out the gaping hole in Marina’s rather stupid article.

You called HKFC an idiot and also attacked Springal for being 'so far gone he can't see straight'.

I thought Marina Hyde's article was excellent. Are you going to abuse me for that opinion as well?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Do you actually want to know, or are you just having a snide dig?

He's spent six years working tirelessly to get her home, including staging hunger strikes, and has had at least one period of illness. Can you even imagine the emotional stress of what he's been through? I don't think his looking spent now, is any surprise whatsoever.

She has served the last couple of years of her sentence, under house arrest, with her parents in Tehran, so has had the chance to physically recover from her earlier ordeal.

:shrug:
Seriously? You couldn’t work out it was a bit of humour :shrug:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
You called HKFC an idiot and also attacked Springal for being 'so far gone he can't see straight'.

I thought Marina Hyde's article was excellent. Are you going to abuse me for that opinion as well?

You, like your beloved Marina, are missing the point. The article is invalidated by a huge error.

Are you conveniently ignoring the abuse I got? Of course! Deliberately or stupidly? Not sure. But I suspect the latter.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
You, like your beloved Marina, are missing the point. The article is invalidated by a huge error.

Are you conveniently ignoring the abuse I got? Of course! Deliberately or stupidly? Not sure. But I suspect the latter.

:lolol:

The 'abuse' you got was in response to the abuse that you gave.

Marina Hyde often writes articles that I agree with. That doesn't make her a 'beloved deity'.

There was no 'huge error' in the article. Enabling hate speech by classifying it as free speech is absolutely wrong.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
:lolol:

The 'abuse' you got was in response to the abuse that you gave.

Marina Hyde often writes articles that I agree with. That doesn't make her a 'beloved deity'.

There was no 'huge error' in the article. Enabling hate speech by classifying it as free speech is absolutely wrong.

Hmmm. The irony.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I, for one, wish for a speedy recovery for b.w.2 so he can go back to work and stop shitting up threads.

Thank you for your kind words!;-)

You lot really don’t like being challenged do you?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Thank you for your kind words!;-)

You lot really don’t like being challenged do you?

Honestly. I've not read the article. I don't really have a dog in this fight. Except to say that when you get involved in threads you tend to dominate them :shrug:

Which is pretty tedious.

Genuinely though, do get better. COVID is a shit.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
The twitter debate I had yesterday was much more wholesome and less argumentative than this. We were theorising what Brian and Terry got up whilst incarcerated and how much noise you'd make cracking one out whilst being chained to a radiator.

Oh for simpler times when people were kidnapped.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The twitter debate I had yesterday was much more wholesome and less argumentative than this. We were theorising what Brian and Terry got up whilst incarcerated and how much noise you'd make cracking one out whilst being chained to a radiator.

Oh for simpler times when people were kidnapped.

I may try this later and report back

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

May I exercise my free speech to say you're coming across as a massive goon?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here