Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
May I exercise my free speech to say you're coming across as a massive goon?

And a massive whooshed goon, to boot (posts above) which is odd. :shrug:

My I suggest that a moderator remove said chap from this thread for sake of his mental health (and I'm attempting to be considerate rather than offensive, here)?

Calling [MENTION=600]Bry Nylon[/MENTION] as he seems to be online...

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
And a massive whooshed goon, to boot (posts above) which is odd. :shrug:

My I suggest that a moderator remove said chap from this thread for sake of his mental health (and I'm attempting to be considerate rather than offensive, here)?

Calling [MENTION=600]Bry Nylon[/MENTION] as he seems to be online...

I think he is chained to a radiator. He could be a while

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You, like your beloved Marina, are missing the point. The article is invalidated by a huge error.

Are you conveniently ignoring the abuse I got? Of course! Deliberately or stupidly? Not sure. But I suspect the latter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will regret this, but what is the huge error which invalidates the article?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

You're going to regret that.....

(but hopefully he's no longer accessorized to answer....)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

The 'huge error' was that she didn't acknowledge the right of internet trolls with Union flags in their twitter bios, to have their say on whether NZR was being 'grateful' enough, for being finally released.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The 'huge error' was that she didn't acknowledge the right of internet trolls with Union flags in their twitter bios, to have their say on whether NZR was being 'grateful' enough, for being finally released.

:thumbsup: It's about all he's got, apart from the spurious freedom of speech, which is a myth.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Sorry. What are you talking about? I just pointed out the gaping hole in Marina’s rather stupid article.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of modern free speech arguments seem to descend into people fixating only on whether they can say things rather than whether they should say them.

'You're impinging on my free speech!!!'

'No, I'm just telling you that what you're saying is based on untruths, unhelpful to the situation and wasn't asked for.'

The offline equivalent would be a bunch of strangers knocking on a family's door to share their unsolicited opinions about their conduct and then shouting in the street about their rights being violated should anyone else suggest that this wasn't a good idea.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Former Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt, he should be included in any investigation into failure.

Yes, and I think he’s sensible and honest enough to know that.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Absolutely delighted for Nazanin and her family, however, if the British taxpayers had just stumped up 400 million quid to get me out of a prison cell, I would like to think I’d be a little more grateful.

I’m sure the British tax payers would rather stump up 400m to keep you in a prison cell.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here