Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Nations League June 2022

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I've lost count of the amount of times fatigue has been mentioned, completely ignoring the fact that every player for every other country has just finished a long season too

And to think that this would normally be the time of the World Cup.

If they're tired for friendlies now, they'd be equally tired for the tournament, albeit with the league finishing a little earlier.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He intimated that the last three goals were because we were too open and had far too many attacking players on the pitch so think we will be ultra conservative in the next two relegation six pointers in September.

Mings, Slabbers, Coady, Tarks, Webster and Dunk?

I can feel it in my water.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Yes, but what about national pride? How am I going to face Andras and Attila in the office tomorrow?

Football is all about glory.

Er.....

(Something, something, something)

Oh, look over there - a shiny thing!

My problem is I don't let it get on my emotions. Tonight's performance was met with an 'Oh well, I guess they were due a nasty defeat. It's been a long time. Anyway, back to work. What shall I have in my salad ?'

I do occasionally flinch when Albion score. Some times I even clap. I have been known to clap loudly (I did once in 2016) and even did a Hughton fist clench.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I really can’t believe anyone never mind an England fan gives a shit about this result, in the international version of the Windscreen Paint Pot. Well played Hungary but it’s like winning at a school fete.

Things will be very different come the WC, not that I believe we’ve a sudden Divine right to expect another semi or final appearance. And if we don’t, so what. I’m boycotting anyway because should never have been awarded to. The most ridiculous, corrupt and morally repulsive decision in football history. And besides, Christmas is about snow, not sand. Quite happy watching Great Escape again than this sham of a tournament the perpetrators of which are on trial now but ultimately 7 years too late.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
My problem is I don't let it get on my emotions. Tonight's performance was met with an 'Oh well, I guess they were due a nasty defeat. It's been a long time. Anyway, back to work. What shall I have in my salad ?'

I do occasionally flinch when Albion score. Some times I even clap. I have been known to clap loudly (I did once in 2016) and even did a Hughton fist clench.

You and me both. I'm like a French supporter. We won the world cup again? Allez les Bleus! We lost? Oh, malheureusement, and quelle domage. What?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Half or more of the England squad have played no European football, or their clubs were shit and got knocked out early. Having a lovely 7 day rest between EPL games.

And it's not as if Southgate has got a particularly restricted number of players to pick from.

If players are tired or injured, the manager shouldn't pick them. With 4 games in 11 days, fans should expect some new faces.

Besides, Spain have managed to pick up 8 points from their 4 games and Real Madrid had a long season with some big matches.

No excuses for Southgate. He should go and go now to give his successor a chance to turn it around.

England needs a tactically astute manager, not someone from HR who doesn't ruffle feathers.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Bad result, move on and see if he can turn it around for the world cup ( that I am still unsure if I am going to watch).

Maybe the next Euros.

Sent from my M2010J19CG using Tapatalk

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Gareth Bale, the Welsh wizard magic puts away a penalty and rescues a draw.

Oh...........you mercenary greedy twàt.

I love Holland. Twice in a week for the taffies conceding after scoring in stoppage time against them. Ahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lolol::lolol::lolol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
And it's not as if Southgate has got a particularly restricted number of players to pick from.

If players are tired or injured, the manager shouldn't pick them. With 4 games in 11 days, fans should expect some new faces.

Besides, Spain have managed to pick up 8 points from their 4 games and Real Madrid had a long season with some big matches.

No excuses for Southgate. He should go and go now to give his successor a chance to turn it around.

England needs a tactically astute manager, not someone from HR who doesn't ruffle feathers.

Gundogan, Werner and Rudiger started for Germany tonight as they put 5 goals past Italy.

Strange, as they should’ve been crippled by playing in the EPL and three other club competitions.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Bad run of form , I'm sure we'll produce when it matters like the last 2 tournaments

Could tell last night didn't mean anything to us but to Hungary it meant EVERYTHING

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Gundogan, Werner and Rudiger started for Germany tonight as they put 5 goals past Italy.

Strange, as they should’ve been crippled by playing in the EPL and three other club competitions.

I can only assume that Germans are more robust than the English. I do love that so many Southgate apologists seem to think being out thought, out coached and out played is solely down to English players being knackered and unable to raise their games in a Micky Mouse tournament.

I don’t actually care that much about England if there is even the remotest chance that they’ll come after our manager though. Club before Country all day long for me

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I can only assume that Germans are more robust than the English. I do love that so many Southgate apologists seem to think being out thought, out coached and out played is solely down to English players being knackered and unable to raise their games in a Micky Mouse tournament.

I don’t actually care that much about England if there is even the remotest chance that they’ll come after our manager though. Club before Country all day long for me

I’ve always been club before country.

Until …. GP’s name entered the frame.

For some reason, I’ve completely changed my view :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’ve always been club before country.

Until …. GP’s name entered the frame.

For some reason, I’ve completely changed my view :)

Have you just transposed that?

You are now Country before Club?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here