Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Nations League June 2022

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I wasn't sure that you were serious. But the GP question from many is.

I just don't think it would be a success for him. He needs players week on week. It's just my uneducated view. But I can't see him being a success if ever it came to it.

GP’s very young, we can see him literally learning on the job, making mistakes, correcting that in the next game.

This job is 10 years too early for him. He didn’t take kindly to a couple of hundred booboys after one Albion game. That’ll be nothing compared to the backstabbing tabloid hacks after an England setback. He needs to naturally mature all sides to his own game.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
A good thing about stuffing up this Nations League is England will lose their status as one of the top seedings for the next Euros so at least we might end up in qualifying group with some decent teams and interesting games instead of the usual pointless cannon fodder.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I've lost count of the amount of times fatigue has been mentioned, completely ignoring the fact that every player for every other country has just finished a long season too

:goal:

Half or more of the England squad have played no European football, or their clubs were shit and got knocked out early. Having a lovely 7 day rest between EPL games.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Congrtulations to MOTM Ben White .............. superb timing by the young former seagull to be injured and unavailable for these matches. Clearly learned loads about correctly judging the situations before rashly piling in from all the wonderful people at The Albion that developed him and made him the player he is today...................

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
[tweet]1536807586439241728[/tweet]
Didn't the reply show that the Hungarian defender stepped on Kane''s foot.. 99% of players would go down after that.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Football has moved on from kick and run. It’s very much tactics and for you to say otherwise is laughable, especially from a BHAFC fan as we are successful because of the technical nous of our manager.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Who works with players week in week out.

Half the battle in international management is how the players respond to the character of their superiors.

England have got nearly everything right when it matters under Southgate.

I wouldn't want him managing Brighton, but he's perfect for England. And folk need to regard the international team with more sober judgement.

They've had a bad Nations League campaign. So what ? Shit happens. They've qualified for World Cups/Euros and done as well as. I'm fine with it.

If England sacked Southgate they'd be a laughing stock, and rightly so. We would just go back into rinse and repeat.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
GP’s very young, we can see him literally learning on the job, making mistakes, correcting that in the next game.

This job is 10 years too early for him. He didn’t take kindly to a couple of hundred booboys after one Albion game. That’ll be nothing compared to the backstabbing tabloid hacks after an England setback. He needs to naturally mature all sides to his own game.

Stop being sensible……

In fact, no, keep going……

Eddie Howe for England.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Embarrassing bumbling buffoon, where’s his Pizza Hut bag, he needs it tonight

That's a bit harsh. Even for comment on a potty post :shrug:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Half the battle in international management is how the players respond to the character of their superiors.

I wouldn't want him managing Brighton, but he's perfect for England. And folk need to regard the international team with more sober judgement.

They've had a bad Nations League campaign. So what ? Shit happens. They've qualified for World Cups/Euros and done as well as. I'm fine with it.

Do you not feel that arguably both of those campaigns were missed opportunities?

Obviously the World Cup more so, the penalties were unfortunate, though we were poor in that game….

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
He intimated that the last three goals were because we were too open and had far too many attacking players on the pitch so think we will be ultra conservative in the next two relegation six pointers in September.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

If England sacked Southgate they'd be a laughing stock, and rightly so.

That’s the spirit, I’m with you. Anything to keep Potter off their radar is perfect for me

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

If England sacked Southgate they'd be a laughing stock, and rightly so.

Yes, but what about national pride? How am I going to face Andras and Attila in the office tomorrow?

Football is all about glory.

Er.....

(Something, something, something)

Oh, look over there - a shiny thing!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here