Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Nathan Jones

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I am pretty sure that Calderwood came in a few weeks after Jones left as a replacement head coach?

Calderwood was appointed assistant manager on Feb 3 2015. Jones, who had been in that role, became first-team coach - Colin Calderwood named Brighton & Hove Albion assistant manager

Jones left Albion on January 6 2016.

But I'm still wondering what Jones was doing at Albion for 11 months, if [MENTION=30752]NooBHA[/MENTION] says he "..wasn't hardly involved with the First Team.." ?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Calderwood was appointed assistant manager on Feb 3 2015. Jones, who had been in that role, became first-team coach - Colin Calderwood named Brighton & Hove Albion assistant manager

Jones left Albion on January 6 2016.

But I'm still wondering what Jones was doing at Albion for 11 months, if [MENTION=30752]NooBHA[/MENTION] says he "..wasn't hardly involved with the First Team.." ?

I don't know exact time frames but he was with U23s or whatever the 2nd string team was known as for a period

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Nathan Jones obviously has to carry the can with how results have gone, although in hindsight, that was a really bad fit for the job at Stoke. Stoke's regression over the past 2-3 seasons can be blamed on them allowing the nucleus of their squad to grow old together with no forward planning. Jones has inherited that squad and possibly because of his own relative lack of experience managing "players with reputations", he hasn't been able to get that team playing.

I'm really surprised Michael O'Neill took that job considering he's previously turned down better jobs. Where Stoke are at the moment, that is a potential reputation wrecker of a job.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Nathan Jones obviously has to carry the can with how results have gone, although in hindsight, that was a really bad fit for the job at Stoke. Stoke's regression over the past 2-3 seasons can be blamed on them allowing the nucleus of their squad to grow old together with no forward planning. Jones has inherited that squad and possibly because of his own relative lack of experience managing "players with reputations", he hasn't been able to get that team playing.

I'm really surprised Michael O'Neill took that job considering he's previously turned down better jobs. Where Stoke are at the moment, that is a potential reputation wrecker of a job.

Yep Stoke have been really trying hard to emulate Sunderland.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
It must have just been a coincidence that our form dropped when Jones left January 2016?

I have no idea - But the form of the first team, good or bad had very little to do with Nathan, but Brighton only lost once between January 16th till the end of the season and then once in the play offs. So that is hardly a drop in form

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I have no idea - But the form of the first team, good or bad had very little to do with Nathan, but Brighton only lost once between January 16th till the end of the season and then once in the play offs. So that is hardly a drop in form

We got the record number of points for a third placed team missing automatic promotion by goal difference.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
We got the record number of points for a third placed team missing automatic promotion by goal difference.

I have no issue with the other poster's slightly bias towards and in favour Nathan but it is delusional that he played a major part in that Play off season.

Yoda

English & European

Impressive playing career. Surprise he never played at a much higher level with those stats:

"Welshman Jones, a former Luton player and Brighton coach, also earned a reputation for playing entertaining and free-scoring football with his side scoring 301 times in his 170 games."

:stupid: I miss-read that when I posted it. :dunce:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
CLUB STATEMENT | NATHAN JONES RETURNS TO LUTON TOWN

nj7744.jpg

https://www.lutontown.co.uk/news/2020/may/club-statement/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here