Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Nathan Jones - Luton

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
So happy for him, great coach and now seemingly a great manager.

And to think some were slagging him off on here as an Odious little ****weasle(sic.) back in the Oscar/Hyppia days...

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
So happy for him, great coach and now seemingly a great manager.

And to think some were slagging him off on here as an Odious little ****weasle(sic.) back in the Oscar/Hyppia days...

Just to reiterate, that was down to him running over to Albion fans at Yeovil and swearing, screaming and making gestures suggestive of a hand shandy following an away defeat, for which he has never apologised. Probably under Wilkins or Adams or someone.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I thought some of the Luton fans were getting frustrated at the patient style of play recently. Seems they have had a change of tune.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
After that freezing cold December victory at Fulham I wanted him to have the job. Turns out Hughton has done magnificently but the way he celebrated with us away fans after that win we could clearly see he had something about him. Good luck to him.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Saw him in a bar when I was buying a drink, had a small chat. When he left he came over to me to say bye mate. Hero.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Best bit of business they did in the window was retaining Cameron McGeehan

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
My daughters boyfriend is a Luton S/th (I know:ffsparr:)he is over the moon with Nathan, can't believe what a good manager he is

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I watched a documentary about Luton a while back, it might have been called "trouble at the top". It chronicled a year at Luton under a dodgy chairman, it was quite interesting.

He had grand plans to build a new stadium on land owned by Luton Town next to the M1, is the proposed new ground being build on that land?

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
He had grand plans to build a new stadium on land owned by Luton Town next to the M1, is the proposed new ground being build on that land?

That would be David Kohler and the plan was to build a new stadium called the "Kohlerdome", because he was a very modest, self-effacing man.

If I recall, things went a bit pear shaped when the Transport Secretary in Tony Blair's Government turned down the application to build the stadium there because they didn't think it was feasible unless the M1 was widened. Not long after, Kohler quit before he was hounded out.

I think the new stadium is meant to be located in the centre of Luton.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
That would be David Kohler and the plan was to build a new stadium called the "Kohlerdome", because he was a very modest, self-effacing man.

If I recall, things went a bit pear shaped when the Transport Secretary in Tony Blair's Government turned down the application to build the stadium there because they didn't think it was feasible unless the M1 was widened. Not long after, Kohler quit before he was hounded out.

I think the new stadium is meant to be located in the centre of Luton.
Here is the documentary:

https://youtu.be/Yi4hNLvZVPM

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
The chairman was John Gurney. Here is the documentary:

https://youtu.be/Yi4hNLvZVPM

John Gurney came a bit later. Early 2000s.

Before him though, the guy I mentioned, David Kohler, did want to build a new stadium named after himself next to the M1 which the Department of Transport rejected for the reasons I gave in my last post.

Luton have had a bit of a history with chairmen. Before Kohler, there was the Conservative MP David Evans who was quite a controversial figure because he was close to Margaret Thatcher who at the time had a very low opinion of football fans and so he decided to ban away supporters.

Kidgloves

Mar 6, 2016
Gary Sweet, whose in the documentary, is the current Chief Executive that Nathan keeps praising.
It really is a supporter led effort.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here