Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nathan Elder is better than Nicky Forster

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
blimey what a palarver! i dont get to see many games these days but even i know that that nafan elder is no wayne rooney! what is this clown on about? happy new year greetings to you lot from palma

Brace yourself Stan... I think that puts you next in line for castigation by the eloquent Bars Mar.

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
I feel like I have wandered into an inverted universe. Is it really being suggested that Elder should start ahead of Forster? He is top scorer and seems to be finding his feet after a slow start. Elder was unable to finish against a very poor Cheltenham side, three or four tap ins from three yards out.

And How Many Did Forster Get Against A Very Poor Millwall, Bournemouth Then? Elder Was Bound To Be Rusty That's Why He Needs A Good Run In The Team Alongside The Real Form Player Revell.

Good morning Mister Mars. You seem to know a lot about Nathan. Personally as he hasn't been given a lot of first team games and I am living in Turkey that's not surprising but I wonder, how much have YOU seen of Nathan. ? Do you go to the reserve games?. If so, other than a willingness to work, what attributes has Nathan got that, say Alex hasn't?

Seen Enough Football In My Time To See A Real Gem And Seen Enough Of Forster To Know That He Ain't Good Enough. Nathan Has Real Pace And As You Say A Work Ethic That Forster Could Learn From

OK, the misses against Cheltenham in the Daffy Duck Trophy, on at least 3 occasions he had chances laid on a plate that were about 5 yards out and he still managed to miss them.

He Played One Game. He Needs A Run Of Games. Are You lot f***ing Deaf Or What?

Bugger!! He's gone offline...... what a dickhead!!!! :rant::rant::rant::rant:

f*** You? Who The f*** Are You To Call Me Names. You Ask A Serious Question And I Give You A Serious Answer. Piss Off If You Don't Like The Truth. Wanker.

I thought that I was sometimes guilty of posting crap but Bars Mar really takes the biscuit.

:D

I Bet You're A Fat Bastard Who Takes All The Biscuits.

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
blimey what a palarver! i dont get to see many games these days but even i know that that nafan elder is no wayne rooney! what is this clown on about? happy new year greetings to you lot from palma

You Wish Me A Happy New Year And Call Me A Clown. I'm Surprised You Can Spell That. He May Not Be Wayne Rooney But He's Good Enough For League One And Forster Ain't.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
How long have we had Elder and what length of contract is he on?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Huh? Why Is That A Comedy Post? I Go To Every Home Game And Have An Opinion. I Have Viewed This Site For Over a Year And When I Make a Post I Get Abused. Go f*** YourSelf

Elder signed at Christmas last year didn't he. Just 'over a year' ago................

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
I would suggest Elder does not have a great work ethic, even he admitted when he did not start at the beginning of the season that maybe he had got into a bit of a comfort zone and not pushed himself as hard as he should.

I think Forsters career record stands up to scrutiny.

How The f*** Can He Prove It If He's Not Given The Chance? Catch 22 Isn't It?

Yeah - Forster's Record Stands Up. 33 Years Old Journeyman Donkey From The Lower Leagues. We're Supposed To Be Looking To The Future.

You missed out poor Stan who was so looking forward to engaging in polite intercourse with you. Ninny.
Bloke Knows Nothing About Football And Is A Wanker. Like You.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I think he is out of contract in the summer.

I reckon he'll be gone in the summer then, If he has'nt made the breakthrough by now I cant see him doing it in the next 6 months tbh. At least when Revell made the step out of non-league he showed himself from the start where as with Elder we're still waiting.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
How The f*** Can He Prove It If He's Not Given The Chance? Catch 22 Isn't It?

Yeah - Forster's Record Stands Up. 33 Years Old Journeyman Donkey From The Lower Leagues. We're Supposed To Be Looking To The Future.

Forster has played most of his career at the level above and at 34 he still looks better than most forwards in the is league.

Regarding Elder, when he has been given a chance such as his start against Cheltenham in the JPT or his sub appearances he has not taken it. Sadly he does not seem to have kicked on from a vaguely encouraging start. An opportunity opened up for Revell, with Savage leaving and at present he has taken it. To be honest I doubt Elder would have done the same.

Is it that you want to sing that tiresome Elder chant to go with the odd Revell one, hence you are pushing for him to play?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I reckon he'll be gone in the summer then, If he has'nt made the breakthrough by now I cant see him doing it in the next 6 months tbh. At least when Revell made the step out of non-league he showed himself from the start where as with Elder we're still waiting.

There maybe some truth in that. Forster will have another 2 years on his deal and both Revell and Gatting have at least a year left, so Elder, unless he does something spectacular in the next couple of months could be on his way.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I for one haven't written him off just yet. He scores bags of goals in reserve games, and apparently is 'brilliant' in training. Wilkins clearly sees something in him or he wouldn't even be on the bench.

Personally I don't think he's got enough quality, but would be more than happy to be proved wrong.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I think I'd prefer to bring on Elder rather than Gatting. That is all, please don't abuse me.

Monkster

Ragamuffin
Jul 7, 2003
The Token Carlisle United Fan

Correct me if I'm wrong but Revell did have 'League Experience' with Cambridge....elder has joined froma club thats at least 3 divisions below Brighton.....sensible thing to do would be to loan him to a Div 2 until the end of the season & see what he does (although I know that you guys probably don't have enough strikers to do that)

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
I for one haven't written him off just yet. He scores bags of goals in reserve games, and apparently is 'brilliant' in training. Wilkins clearly sees something in him or he wouldn't even be on the bench.

Personally I don't think he's got enough quality, but would be more than happy to be proved wrong.

And You Will Mate. If Wilkins Gives Him A Chance.

I think I'd prefer to bring on Elder rather than Gatting. That is all, please don't abuse me.

Top Post, Mate. Couldn't Agree More.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here