Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nasty injuries

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
edna krabappel said:
Always thought before I started my job that I'd be quite squeamish, and I certainly had no idea how I'd react to dead bodies etc. I used to cringe at Casualty years ago, so I thought I'd never cope with the sort of gore that goes with the territory.

But I've been surprised by how detached I can be. Dead bodies are mostly just like looking at waxworks to me, they don't usually seem that real, even when I have to move them and check for injuries, ID etc.

I once had to sit up the hospital with a guy who'd had the back of his legs hacked at with a machete. He had two gaping wounds in each calf, requiring loads of stitches, and I had a lovely view of his calf muscles twitching away, not to mention the blood pulsing out constantly.

Funnily enough, the worst bit wasn't that at all, but the fact that for reasons you may be able to imagine, he had no usable veins in his arms, so the nurses had to stick a needle in his foot to put a drip in

:eek:

Stab wounds: no problem, internal organs hanging out of holes in the abdomen: I can deal with that, feet pointing the wrong way after car accidents: part of the job, even maggots in dead corpses: hey, it's what I get paid for.

But a little needle going into the thin skin of someone's foot: eeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuwwwww

:sick:

What are you? A serial killer?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Les Biehn said:
What are you? A serial killer?

Sssshhh, don't blow my cover.

:lolol:

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Two seasons go in a Sunday League Match at Southwick Football Club, I was on the bench at the time about to come on with about 15-20 minutes left of the match, our keeper rushed out to tackle the player and win the ball.

Well our keeper won the ball but connected with the players leg, we heard the crack off the bone from the dugout, it was the most disturbing thing I've ever witnessed playing football, because he didn't scream or anything he was totally calm.

We had to wait for the ambulance to come and the match was abandoned, some of their players told us that he was going on holiday the next day, he was a 40 year old player.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
An ambulance is required to be on the sideline at every American football game - I now know why!!!

I was doing some sideline cheerleading at one of our american football matches - when there was a pretty nasty collision, in that someones head connected with this other guys chest. I was right by it - and the crack when they connected was gruesome!!! Later found out that the guy had broken 3 ribs!!!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Apparently if you break your femur (thigh bone), the crack it makes is like a gunshot

:ohmy:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
burgess hill rugby club is usually the place to go if you want to see injuries, although a number occur through ridiculous alcohol consumption

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
my ankle ligament gave a pretty big crack when it went. foolishly, i walked home on it as well, and returned to college 2 days later on crutches, much to the delight of my friends

Oct 25, 2003
not sport related, unless "traffic dodging" is a sport, but getting hit by a speeding motorbike, flying up in the air and landing on the side of my head wasn't much fun:)

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Man of Harveys said:
This is worse. Davis Busst - big girly wuss. Ewald Lienen - NAILS.
Ewald_Lienen_198.jpg

Is he a Terminator? Looks like some cyborg systems inside that wound.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Tooting Gull said:
Is he a Terminator? Looks like some cyborg systems inside that wound.
I keep wishing that was Norman Baker...

The coach that he raged against before passing out on the stretcher after staring at his wound was none other than Greece Euro 2004 maestro Otto Rehagel.

According to Wikipedia, Rehagel got so many threats as a result of that tackle, he actually wore a bullet-proof jacket to the return fixture.

Last edited:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
An ambulance is required to be on the sideline at every American football game - I now know why!!!

I was doing some sideline cheerleading at one of our american football matches - when there was a pretty nasty collision, in that someones head connected with this other guys chest. I was right by it - and the crack when they connected was gruesome!!! Later found out that the guy had broken 3 ribs!!!

Ahhhh the good old days of American Football. I used to be chain crew for the B52s and in one game the opposition had 7 players needing Ambulances. The other team were friggin useless though and got beaten by some 100 odd points:lolol:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Les Biehn said:
Weird how there is so little blood.

That's true! there never seems to be when someone gets a limb cut off either. Anybody know why?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Les Biehn said:
Weird how there is so little blood.

similar thing happened when i got my hand caught on a nail and ripped my finger open - because it tore into the muscle there was virtually no blood, just yellow muscle exposed

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
ezmally said:
Why oh why do newspapers feel its neccessary to show photographs of really bad injuries? I had the misfortune of glancing at a pic of Jimmy Bullards dislocated knee the other day in the sun and bloody nearly passed out. Theres been some real bad ones over the years but that has got to be the worst.:ohmy:

was it a bit like this one?

badinjury.jpg

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Re: Re: Nasty injuries

Lammy said:

badinjury.jpg

that one looks a bastard. the injury that is, not the bloke

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Re: Re: Nasty injuries

Lammy said:

badinjury.jpg

I remember that one. Isn't a bloke called Tim Krumrie or something? Happened during the Superbowl in the late 80's I think.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Look what happened to this poor bastard. They are some horrific facial injuries.

image.php

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here