Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nasty injuries

ezmally

Sep 16, 2006
Hastings
Why oh why do newspapers feel its neccessary to show photographs of really bad injuries? I had the misfortune of glancing at a pic of Jimmy Bullards dislocated knee the other day in the sun and bloody nearly passed out. Theres been some real bad ones over the years but that has got to be the worst.:ohmy:

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Ive played in a match where someone did that and i was only 5 feet away when it happened, i nearly threw up!#

Also, my dad has dislocated his knee and he said it f***ing hurts even after its been poped back into place.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
David Busst!!! (Poor memory, it was quite a few years ago)

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
nalis was pretty nasty

Captain Pugwash

Paul Kitson
Oct 27, 2003
brighton
my mate broke his knee playing football and i was right behind him, i still dont no how you can brake a knee but thats what the doctor said it was very very nasty

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
The worst and still the most sickening I think.

Bradley_6.jpg

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
We were playing football in the playground at school once and a mate of mine hit the deck saying he had done something to his knee. He was a bit of a tart so we just told him to get up but when he pulled his trouser leg up his knee was on the side of his leg:eek: :eek: Not good.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
fourthteamtillidie said:
The worst and still the most sickening I think.

Bradley_6.jpg

ouch

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
This is worse. Davis Busst - big girly wuss. Ewald Lienen - NAILS.
Ewald_Lienen_198.jpg

Last edited:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I was sat at a red light on Saturday evening on a girl's bike a big fat woman lent me when my last was destroyed. A man walked out without looking and shattered the front window of a Number 29 in Finsbury Park. I was probably 20 feet away. The man rolled up the road like an escapee hedgehog dropped by an eagle's claw a kilometre or so up the steep hind of Ben Nevis. After a moment, he and bus quit their tussle and the man lay face down on tarmac. A hundred or so people screamed and gathered round to stare. He rose for a second and the others tied him to the floor to prevent foolish living movement with a possibly broken spine or skin.
I left fairly quickly as i saw no business of mine in a situation i can do nothing to help in. Strangely, though, from that point onwards i feel awfully close to the same untumbled beast of last year.
I do hope he's alright though.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Always thought before I started my job that I'd be quite squeamish, and I certainly had no idea how I'd react to dead bodies etc. I used to cringe at Casualty years ago, so I thought I'd never cope with the sort of gore that goes with the territory.

But I've been surprised by how detached I can be. Dead bodies are mostly just like looking at waxworks to me, they don't usually seem that real, even when I have to move them and check for injuries, ID etc.

I once had to sit up the hospital with a guy who'd had the back of his legs hacked at with a machete. He had two gaping wounds in each calf, requiring loads of stitches, and I had a lovely view of his calf muscles twitching away, not to mention the blood pulsing out constantly.

Funnily enough, the worst bit wasn't that at all, but the fact that for reasons you may be able to imagine, he had no usable veins in his arms, so the nurses had to stick a needle in his foot to put a drip in

:eek:

Stab wounds: no problem, internal organs hanging out of holes in the abdomen: I can deal with that, feet pointing the wrong way after car accidents: part of the job, even maggots in dead corpses: hey, it's what I get paid for.

But a little needle going into the thin skin of someone's foot: eeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuwwwww

:sick:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here