Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] NASA Perseverance Mars Landing!

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
I never suggested stopping space exploration - I'm fully behind it.

But if we want to safeguard our species' survival (and hopefully all the other species on this planet), I think there needs to be an agreed definition of "survival" . Most of what I hear is science fiction nonsense.

Long term survival of the species surely involves not all being on one rock?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
At some point in the future Mars will become more habitable than the Earth when the sun ages and gets bigger and hotter.
If humans are still around then, its the first point in colonising other planets.

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
Yes so lets spend all these brains and money on helping it rather than muppeting around in some cold desert

I don’t think the two are mutually exclusive but I agree we need to devote more resources to preserve our beautiful planet.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
At some point in the future Mars will become more habitable than the Earth when the sun ages and gets bigger and hotter.
If humans are still around then, its the first point in colonising other planets.

At some point!
Can you put a timescale on this please as I have some plans for a new kitchen and bathroom.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro

By that time, we'll probably already be extinct on Earth and already colonizing planets in other star systems. We certainly won't just be starting to colonize Mars.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
By that time, we'll probably already be extinct on Earth and already colonizing planets in other star systems. We certainly won't just be starting to colonize Mars.

There is a big distance between planets in different solar systems. In fact you would have to travel at the speed of light to get their anytime soon. Maybe not possible for any generations to follow us.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
There is a big distance between planets in different solar systems. In fact its you would have to travel at the speed of light to get their anytime soon. Maybe not possible for any generations to follow us.

Well, yes, I think we all know "space is big". Obviously for that to happen, we will have to invent warp drive.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
If you can give me any ideas on how we will deliver warp drive in the future I am all ears :)

You sound like a Ferengi, you tell me!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Universe would be better off without us spreading out and destroying it .

Waste of bloody money which could be spent on much more important things like a 20 goals a season striker.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
There is a big distance between planets in different solar systems. In fact you would have to travel at the speed of light to get their anytime soon. Maybe not possible for any generations to follow us.

Yes,but what if we could travel at the speed of dark?
We could reach anywhere in the universe in an instant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here