Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My story from the boro game yesterday....

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Great to hear. I have to admit to having been lucky all season in meeting some excellant stewards up and down the country as I have followed the Albion.
I always make a point of asking stewards for help/advice whether it's linked to the stadium experience or asking wjere to get a drink after the match or the cheapest/most convenient filling station. I haven't come across any heavy-handedness at all.
My top three for helpfulness are The Amex, Cardiff, and Wrexham. Amongst all the criticism (which to me seems most often to eminate from the most vocally and physically anarchic supporters) it's nice to see some good news celebrated.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
congratulations to your Grandparents SB005 and well done that steward. and as above Nice to have a good news thread!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Good job that steward

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Fantastic. Well done to those concerned and for you for posting this.

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
This has got Steven Spielberg written all over it. Tilda Swinton playing the steward, Kevin Spacey as the half time announcer, Anthony Hopkins and Dame Maggie Smith as SB005's grandparents, Javier Bardem as Inigo Calderon.

Good post! Especially with Bardem playing Calderon. But I personally see this as more of a James Cameron film. As for the steward you need to look no further than Kate Winslet.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
great shout! there is an indian(im trying to say this without being racist) looking gentleman steward in the north/east who is an absolute gem. he goes out of his way to make the matchday experience for those in the wheelchair section a great day out.its a shame some of these stewards that really do a wonderful job do not get recognition.

I think his name is Rodney

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
That's excellent. Incidentally, a Middlesbrough fan contacted Five Live last night to praise the Brighton stewards and the way their fans were treated on Saturday - all part of a debate they were having about the heavy-handed treatment football supporters frequently suffer on away trips. Nice to hear we're setting a good example.

And we should be thanking them too... 2000+ travelling the length of the country to provide good support for their team (though not good enough to out-sing the N.Stand) and watch an excellent game. We were around right to the very end and saw no trouble (verbal or otherwise) from the departing fans.

Not a perfect result, but all in all and excellent game and fantastic experience for the [still] happy couple to have experienced.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here