Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My First East Stand Experience

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Due to various ticket swapping combos I found myself sat in the lower East with a mate who has a season there. We were Row N, between the centre circle and the penalty D south-end.

View was decent but not so good towards the far goal. My usual lofty position is WSU towards the north and the view of the far goal is much better in terms of perspective.
Atmosphere Terrible. Nobody seemed bothered. No singing. And one numpty in Row M who just shouted FORWARD, KICK IT constantly and moaned throughout. Towards the end every time he moaned I just kept shouting back 'keep passing Albion' just to wind him up. Another guy shouted sarcastically at Greer when he gave a short pass towards the end, and promptly left 2 mins before the winner. Ha! Could hear the North more clearly than my usual seat despite being further away (probably cos so quiet around me, unlike in WSU). Away fans were token, many left when the goal went in.
Facilities I guess because it wasn't full, the queues for the loo and refreshments were minimal. I was able to do both within 5-6 mins of the halftime whistle blowing. Unheard of in WSU! Generally, the concourse is much more roomy though.

Overall I will be delighted to be back in WSU, at least people seem to care up there.

PG

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Did anyone care for the first half.

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
Cool story bro. By all accounts it was silent in every stand last night.

due to various ticket swapping combos i found myself sat in the lower east with a mate who has a season there. We were row n, between the centre circle and the penalty d south-end.

view was decent but not so good towards the far goal. My usual lofty position is wsu towards the north and the view of the far goal is much better in terms of perspective.
atmosphere terrible. Nobody seemed bothered. No singing. And one numpty in row m who just shouted forward, kick it constantly and moaned throughout. Towards the end every time he moaned i just kept shouting back 'keep passing albion' just to wind him up. Another guy shouted sarcastically at greer when he gave a short pass towards the end, and promptly left 2 mins before the winner. Ha! Could hear the north more clearly than my usual seat despite being further away (probably cos so quiet around me, unlike in wsu). Away fans were token, many left when the goal went in.
facilities i guess because it wasn't full, the queues for the loo and refreshments were minimal. I was able to do both within 5-6 mins of the halftime whistle blowing. Unheard of in wsu! Generally, the concourse is much more roomy though.

overall i will be delighted to be back in wsu, at least people seem to care up there.

Pg
east stand upper the elite stand:thumbsup:

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Hooray someone else finds that guy who shouts FORWARDS annoying.
I like to shout SIDEWAYS and BACKWARDS to try and wide him up.

He also yells SHOOOOT when a shot isn't on.

Yeah youre right though, East Lower can be tomb like. I thought it would change with the addition of east upper but nope!

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Hooray someone else finds that guy who shouts FORWARDS annoying.
I like to shout SIDEWAYS and BACKWARDS to try and wide him up.

He also yells SHOOOOT when a shot isn't on.

Yeah youre right though, East Lower can be tomb like. I thought it would change with the addition of east upper but nope!

The guy seemed to be there with his elderly father who had a hearing aid on the ear adjacent to the guy. I presume he is able to turn it down, or better, off.

PG

Stevegull

Sep 9, 2005
Lewes
The only time I have heard the east stand was last year, just before the opposition scored. I say stay hush over there.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Don't judge a stand based on the worst Amex performance of all time, you're surely more intelligent than to do that.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
june+20+post+tell+me+more.jpg

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Don't judge a stand based on the worst Amex performance of all time, you're surely more intelligent than to do that.

Don't be daft, finishing is only one part of the game. Overall it was a solid performance that on another day would've been 5-0. Peterborough rode their luck MASSIVE time in the second half.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Don't be daft, finishing is only one part of the game. Overall it was a solid performance that on another day would've been 5-0. Peterborough rode their luck MASSIVE time in the second half.

Nope, don't agree with that. I thought we were slow and uninspired for most of it. Peterborough were never really under the cosh, everything was very comfortable. Buckley caused the full backs all sorts of problems, but other than that they were never really troubled at the back. They limited us to long range shots, and though we had plenty of corners we never threatened from them. Orlandi hitting the post was the only time really when they were lucky, the shots saved by Olejnik were pretty routine. The Buckley left footed drive was a good save but that was the hardest save and even that was pretty comfortable.

We never looked like conceding, but I didn't feel we would score. Happily, I was right about the first bit and wrong about the second.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Two words that ESL have made their own....

REDEEM YOURSELVES!!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Peterborough were never really under the cosh, everything was very comfortable.

What the actual F*CK? They didn't get out of their own BOX for the last THIRTY MINUTES. One of the most one sided matches I've ever seen in my entire life. They defended manfully but were incredibly lucky - the amount of times the ball went pinging across the box, they were very lucky not to concede an own goal/deflection.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
What the actual F*CK? They didn't get out of their own BOX for the last THIRTY MINUTES. One of the most one sided matches I've ever seen in my entire life. They defended manfully but were incredibly lucky - the amount of times the ball went pinging across the box, they were very lucky not to concede an own goal/deflection.

I think the possession stats must have been done by a Palace supporter. 51%!!! We've had far bigger stats than that and last night was one way traffic. Should have been more like 70+%.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think the possession stats must have been done by a Palace supporter. 51%!!! We've had far bigger stats than that and last night was one way traffic. Should have been more like 70+%.

51%? Are you serious? There is no way on earth it was anything less than 70-30%, and even then I'd think "really?" They kicked the ball back to us constantly.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
51%? Are you serious? There is no way on earth it was anything less than 70-30%, and even then I'd think "really?" They kicked the ball back to us constantly.

I saw that too on the BBC site and thought it did not quite match up with Darren Ferguson's comment about the Brighton pressure being absolutely relentless !

Sadly and due to illness, last night was the first league match at the Amex which I have missed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here