Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Must be time to go on the Middlesboro board NOW

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Boro were by far the best team in the Championship last year but they ****ed up big time in their recruitment of strikers in the summer. They bought a guy who had flunked and couldn't score in the Premier League even when he was surrounded by players like Yaya Toure and Sergio Aguero - What made them think that he would succeed with the likes of Gaston Ramirez supporting him.

We are the best team in the Championship this year and we have a fairly solid squad but when we go up, a real ''cutting edge, make a difference striker'' will be the key recruitment this coming summer that's for sure

Sorry mate we were as good as boro last year , they were lucky to play us when they did , first game we had so many injuries , well as for the game at boro ,

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
.....and breathe

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

They did act like a bunch of complete w******s after the game though.

Not forgetting the way they invaded the pitch before the whistle went, and assaulted our players.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I don't give a **** about their spotty bunch of scrote fans after the way the ******s reacted to the result up there last season. I hope they get relegated and go into total meltdown. Shit town, shit fans. **** 'em.

As I said to my son as we walked through the centre of the town after that game proudly wearing out Brighton shirts " they may have gone up but at least we don't have to live

And the fat munter chucking abuse at us outside Greggs just about summed them up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Sorry mate we were as good as boro last year , they were lucky to play us when they did , first game we had so many injuries , well as for the game at boro ,

I think we just have to disagree on that one Sir.

I think we were a better footballing side than Burnley and they won the League by virtue of blootering big high balls into opposition boxes and having a cutting edge striker who snapped up a lot of loose balls and knock downs around the six yard box but on their game Midlesboro were the best side in the League.

This year is a different matter. We have lost twice to Newcastle but on our day we are better than them. Not always about head to head matches for me - We are efficient. We can get the job done in matches this year even when not playing well. We have our off days like against Forrest but when we step up our game none of the others can live with us. Last year we didn't have that efficiency. You only need to look at the play off matches. Good as we were and as unlucky as we were with injuries, there were times when I just knew we were capable of getting caught out.

Contrast that with this year and we can dispatch teams by playing well for only 20 minutes in a match. Just ask Fulham and Blackburn and they will tell you that.

BUT like I said that's just my opinion and I concede other have differing ones

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Another GOALESS waste of space performance from them and they are DOOMED to go straight back down. Time we popped onto their boards and WISH them well in the Championship as we take their PLAICE .

I don't have much against Boro really. Obviously I can't stand Ramirez so I'm delighted that he's proved to be utter shte this season and that their supporters all dislike him. I also realise that a lot of their fans were bell ends up there after the match, but that hardly makes them any different to most clubs.

What I really didn't like was the volume of smug, condescending twats who came on here from their boards to tell us a) how they wish us well or b) did until we got upset about the sending off or c) how we were all wonderful but were afraid to tell us we were wrong about the sending off and here's why...blah blah blah.

So for those utter pricks, who chose to come on here instead of leaving us be, I'm absolutely delighted Boro are going down. And I'm looking forward to smugly and condescendingly wishing them luck back in the Championship and perhaps pointing out how Boro are a plucky, harmless little club with no rivals probably as they're really hard to dislike. And all manner of other patronising put downs as I think of them. :thumbsup:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think we just have to disagree on that one Sir.

I think we were a better footballing side than Burnley and they won the League by virtue of blootering big high balls into opposition boxes and having a cutting edge striker who snapped up a lot of loose balls and knock downs around the six yard box but on their game Midlesboro were the best side in the League.

This year is a different matter. We have lost twice to Newcastle but on our day we are better than them. Not always about head to head matches for me - We are efficient. We can get the job done in matches this year even when not playing well. We have our off days like against Forrest but when we step up our game none of the others can live with us. Last year we didn't have that efficiency. You only need to look at the play off matches. Good as we were and as unlucky as we were with injuries, there were times when I just knew we were capable of getting caught out.

Contrast that with this year and we can dispatch teams by playing well for only 20 minutes in a match. Just ask Fulham and Blackburn and they will tell you that.

BUT like I said that's just my opinion and I concede other have differing ones
I can't agree. This season we are pretty much the same as last season, minus the shocking injury list that resulted in an 8 game streak without a win, and during which Middlesbrough were lucky enough to play us. Before then, maybe we drew too many by not taking enough risks to go for wins, but after the run we were absolutely ruthless - something like 22 points in the last ten games.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I don't have much against Boro really. Obviously I can't stand Ramirez so I'm delighted that he's proved to be utter shte this season and that their supporters all dislike him. I also realise that a lot of their fans were bell ends up there after the match, but that hardly makes them any different to most clubs.

What I really didn't like was the volume of smug, condescending twats who came on here from their boards to tell us a) how they wish us well or b) did until we got upset about the sending off or c) how we were all wonderful but were afraid to tell us we were wrong about the sending off and here's why...blah blah blah.

So for those utter pricks, who chose to come on here instead of leaving us be, I'm absolutely delighted Boro are going down. And I'm looking forward to smugly and condescendingly wishing them luck back in the Championship and perhaps pointing out how Boro are a plucky, harmless little club with no rivals probably as they're really hard to dislike. And all manner of other patronising put downs as I think of them. [emoji106]

I think it's the air of fake sympathy mixed with the patronising tone which is the real killer. It was with those Muppets you mention. So a little karma will do them good.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I can't agree. This season we are pretty much the same as last season, minus the shocking injury list that resulted in an 8 game streak without a win, and during which Middlesbrough were lucky enough to play us. Before then, maybe we drew too many by not taking enough risks to go for wins, but after the run we were absolutely ruthless - something like 22 points in the last ten games.

I concur with all of that because they are statistical facts.

For me the difference this year is that we can step up out game for just short periods in games. Get into a winning position and close them out without the opposition even hardly getting a shot on goal

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
That Ramirez thread as highlighted by [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] above is hilarious, given our memories of the little shit :lolol:

"No-one screams like Gaston
Ruins dreams like Gaston
Waves imagin'ry cards at Mlke Dean like Gaston..."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here