Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray's back

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
One difference between Murray and Zamora is that the latter had the chance to join Palace, some years ago, and chose not to.

If Murray returns, I hope that he refrains from kissing the badge when he scores. When Bobby kisses the badge, we know that he means it.

Yet many on here still drum out the 'you expect loyalty' 'we mean nothing to players' 'if you were offered x amount more in your job what would you do' bollocks! There IS loyalty amongst some players (Dan Harding turning down Pompey another example.) Some people give / gave Murray way to much of an easy time on here imo - 'Muzza this and Muzza that' - erm you do realise he joined Palace instead of us (with 10x better facilities I may add.)

Regardless, I hope he signs and will give him my full support if he does. It will go some way to making up for shitting all over us. (That's my opinion, and won't change so not going over old ground done 27,000 times before on here :lol:)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So you don't believe all the comments from people on here - a number of whom have good reputations for ITK stuff stating that Murray wants to come back? And all the stuff regarding the Hoskins swap deal?

He may want to come back, and I believe he does, but Howe has already stated that he's not going out on loan.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I dunno, they've already taken offence to a tweet he posted celebrating the Bournemouth win over Palace a few weeks ago, and his instagram post about Eric Cantona. I think he's deleted the instagram post now though.

[tweet]694806776240275456[/tweet]

Not sure I approve of ickle Bournemouth using what is almost the logo of Pacha in Ibiza...they are not that cool :smile:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yet many on here still drum out the 'you expect loyalty' 'we mean nothing to players' 'if you were offered x amount more in your job what would you do' bollocks! There IS loyalty amongst some players (Dan Harding turning down Pompey another example.) Some people give / gave Murray way to much of an easy time on here imo - 'Muzza this and Muzza that' - erm you do realise he joined Palace instead of us (with 10x better facilities I may add.)

Regardless, I hope he signs and will give him my full support if he does. It will go some way to making up for shitting all over us. (That's my opinion, and won't change so not going over old ground done 27,000 times before on here :lol:)

Well, I think you are wrong. (That's my opinion and I won't change lol).

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
He may want to come back, and I believe he does, but Howe has already stated that he's not going out on loan.

His comments of a few weeks ago are worth less than mine if I said I'm going to support Crystal Palace.

He could quite easily now say: "With the return to fitness of striker X and striker Y, Glenn is unlikely to feature in the near future. It's in our best interests to keep him match sharp in case we need to call upon him later on. He'll get game time down at Brighton and we can call him back if we need to."

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Some people give / gave Murray way to much of an easy time on here imo - 'Muzza this and Muzza that' - erm you do realise he joined Palace instead of us (with 10x better facilities I may add.)

Glenn Murray.
Job: Footballer
Born in CUMBRIA
Played for:
WORKINGTON
WILMINGTON
BARROW
CARLISLE
STOCKPORT
ROCHDALE

At which point was any sort of "loyalty" meant to be shown to Brighton?

He was offered a significant pay increase. I'd have done the exact same thing.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Murrays BACK !!!

andre-moritz-glenn-murray.jpg :moo:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
He obviously had a decent offer from Palace on the table, and it was a move he could make without even having to uproot his family. No brainer.

Seriously, whats he supposed to do ? Say "oh no, I can't sign for them because thats the Brighton fans main rivals" ?? Get real, how childish would that be. We brought him from Rochdale, he had no past association with us, he didn't come up through the ranks here, he's not "one of our own". He's just another professional footballer who made a career move - he owed us NOTHING.

Some fans seriously need to get over this notion that players are like fans. They're not. They're just passing through, looking to maximise their earnings in the few short years they've got before they're on the scrapheap. Like every single one of us would do were we in his position.

Agree with all of the above 100%.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
We have nothing to forgive Murray for it was our Boards descision to insult him with a derisory offer after the guy had just fired the club into the Championship.
Palarse apparently only gave him what he was wanting from us which was around £2.5k more than he was already getting.
Serves our Board right. Not Murray's fault in any way. And boy did we suffer for it too eh ?

Agree with what you are saying here Baz apart from the 2.5k more, it must have been more than that ????

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
He obviously had a decent offer from Palace on the table, and it was a move he could make without even having to uproot his family. No brainer.

Seriously, whats he supposed to do ? Say "oh no, I can't sign for them because thats the Brighton fans main rivals" ?? Get real, how childish would that be. We brought him from Rochdale, he had no past association with us, he didn't come up through the ranks here, he's not "one of our own". He's just another professional footballer who made a career move - he owed us NOTHING.

Some fans seriously need to get over this notion that players are like fans. They're not. They're just passing through, looking to maximise their earnings in the few short years they've got before they're on the scrapheap. Like every single one of us would do were we in his position.

You forgot to mention that he also didn't figure in the manager's plans anyway.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Glenn Murray.
Job: Footballer
Born in CUMBRIA
Played for:
WORKINGTON
WILMINGTON
BARROW
CARLISLE
STOCKPORT
ROCHDALE

At which point was any sort of "loyalty" meant to be shown to Brighton?

He was offered a significant pay increase. I'd have done the exact same thing.

Eh? Erm...At the point he played for us...? And then moved straight to our rivals as a free agent. As I said, not going over the same thing again, it's my opinion. Some footballers could learn a lot from others.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Eh? Erm...At the point he played for us...? And then moved straight to our rivals as a free agent. As I said, not going over the same thing again, it's my opinion. Some footballers could learn a lot from others.

It was all about Gus and his ambition. We were in the Championship having walked League One and about to spend a club record on Murray's replacement. Gus joked about GM going to Palace and clearly did not value him that highly, he had the amazing CMS coming in and was going to build a team around him.

My anger was more with Gus and the club rather than Murray signing for Palace.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Less of the royal ' we ' thank you very much.
Some of us choose not to spend every waking second, obsessively pouring bile and scorn on a London club, that is a long way away and has no natural affinity to us. As ' Easy 10 ' so eloquently put it, I also don't give a flying fig who plays for us, as long as he ensures that we win games of football. I turn up to see us win, nothing else. I don't waste my time worrying about which clubs certain players have played for.

I'm certainly not obsessed thank you. I just dislike Crystal Palace because I'm a Brighton fan.

By the way, your logic would allow us to sign Ched Evans (because winning's all that matters). Not a comparable case of course, but that's where the argument takes you.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The thing palace would like least is a goal scoring Murray back at Brighton.

Hope we can get him in.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Must be me but hasn't this thread and it's contents been repeated about a zillion times? Surely a NSC groundhog day record.

I would like to see Murray back, score in front of the North and go ballups ballistic. Won't happen though, he'll score and just be slighty moody looking and i'll be thinking hmm his hair has thinned a bit..was it THAT long ago he last scored for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here