Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray's back

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I have no idea whether this transfer rumour will come to fruition; however , the Palace link is an irrelevance.

Apart from the real big multi million pound transfers. If you analyse a lot of the other smaller transfers, they tend to be moves where a player doesn't move too far geographically and that is for the most part a players decision so that they don't have to move house. That in turn allows them to transfer, whilst still keeping their kids in the same schools. Players have to put their families ahead of fans.

Managers have to take a different point of view because there are much fewer Managers positions which become available and their jobs are on the line from day one. That's why I am surprised that Mourhino is so desperate to become Man Utd Manager. Although the fans want him now. If he doesn't hit the ground running he will always be associated with Chelsea - Perhaps the massive transfer kitty gives him a good chance of succeeding.

So anyone who holds Palace against Murray probably always will do , unjustly in my opinion so the only way to win those fans over is to score goals. BUT first the rumour has to be true.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Life is all about forgiving, bobby and Glenn to take us up would be fitting

well suck my old stump wrongun, i honestly, DID NOT KNOW,
you were capable of borderline buddist shit like that.
it is truly wonderful to witness someone growing up

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
When all is said and done I still don't want him back here. Not because of the Palace link - as someone said above players don't really have the same rivalries as the fans, they're just doing "a job" and I would doubt that there were too many players in the Palace side that were giving him any grief because he'd played for us. I shouldn't think that any player has ever been sat down with a potential new manager just about to discuss deals and been asked what they thought about their club's fiercest rivals and then been told that the deal is off if they were not supportive of the rivalry (Celtic and Rangers may possibly be the exception).
No I don't want him back because I always thought he was lazy - he's like the Emmanuel Adebayor of the Championship in that he'll try when he's playing for a contract but will ease up when the contract is secured. Perhaps that was his style of play then and perhaps he has changed but I'd rather he wasn't here.
Were he to come here and play well and score goals I would obviously get behind him as he'd be playing for my club but I hope the situation doesn't arise.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Anyway I thought it was his misses that made him join palace? Stupid broads

He had an offer from Millwall on the table too, but Palace made the highest offer, plus a signing on fee.
It's fairly obvious to me, that she wanted to continue living in Brighton, but knew the hassle he would get playing for Palace, so tell everyone that he wasn't wanted to shift the blame. Bobby got a death threat years earlier when Palace tried to sign him.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
When all is said and done I still don't want him back here. Not because of the Palace link - as someone said above players don't really have the same rivalries as the fans, they're just doing "a job" and I would doubt that there were too many players in the Palace side that were giving him any grief because he'd played for us. I shouldn't think that any player has ever been sat down with a potential new manager just about to discuss deals and been asked what they thought about their club's fiercest rivals and then been told that the deal is off if they were not supportive of the rivalry (Celtic and Rangers may possibly be the exception).
No I don't want him back because I always thought he was lazy - he's like the Emmanuel Adebayor of the Championship in that he'll try when he's playing for a contract but will ease up when the contract is secured. Perhaps that was his style of play then and perhaps he has changed but I'd rather he wasn't here.
Were he to come here and play well and score goals I would obviously get behind him as he'd be playing for my club but I hope the situation doesn't arise.

This has been proven numerous times to be simply not true. He scored at a rate of 1 in 2 games in all 3 seasons with us.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters

LAZY... Unbelievable. Just like Hemed I suppose.

Joshski

Mar 18, 2008

Most ridiculous post of the thread! Murray is clearly not lazy (how many lazy players score numerous goals in average prem teams) he will score goals this season if he signs and these goals should give us our best shot at auto promotion.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
An out of contract player with his record would have been able to drum up several offers. It's his choice how and where he makes his living. But I don't have to want him back.

2 offers - Palace and Millwall (less money.) It was reported at the time.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't care if some fans don't want him back, I will be delighted to see him in the stripes again, just hope I haven't got any Murray haters looking to find fault and whinge from the moment he plays sitting anywhere near me :smile:

Just hope it happens as it appears there is no substance behind this latest "news"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here