Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray red card appeal REJECTED

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
I think Hutchinson has got away with one there, that second tackle is a straight red all day long.

While I agree, the article doesn't mention an appeal (can you appeal two yellows?) - I think that article is just summing up Friday's events, rather than indicating the result of any appeal.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
While I agree, the article doesn't mention an appeal (can you appeal two yellows?) - I think that article is just summing up Friday's events, rather than indicating the result of any appeal.

True indeed, I read that rather lazily. Hopefully he takes a booking and a straight red if they look at them again, which I don't suppose they do?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I think Hutchinson has got away with one there, that second tackle is a straight red all day long.

Agreed. He was very lucky that he'd been booked earlier as surely the referee would have sent him off anyway. To me, that was one of the worse tackles I've seen this season. He absolutely should have got a straight red card.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Shame there bans are not against better opposition.

I look at it the other way. Wednesday are 12 points behind us (could be 15 after tomorrow's game). I'd rather these two were available to help them take points against other teams in the top six and aren't available for games against lower sides where we want them to lose. Just my personal opinion though.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Agreed. He was very lucky that he'd been booked earlier as surely the referee would have sent him off anyway. To me, that was one of the worse tackles I've seen this season. He absolutely should have got a straight red card.

Your nearest, can't you go down to Wembley and earwig! :)

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Maybe they will let me on the committee. I'm not sure they'd notice.

Having said that, I do sometimes wonder if there is even a committee or it is just some bloke rolling a dice and the odds are stacked against the clubs unless you are a big club, like Newcastle.

We need Tony Bloom there, if there's dice involved :)

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
It should be rescinded but won't be. We all know what a joke the FA committee are. We had clear cases for the Murphy and Stephens red cards to be rescinded and they ignored them. It takes a big club like Newcastle to appeal for it to be successful.

fa.jpg

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I know that chap, just thought it's all on the same agenda, working their way through the itinary! :)

They won't be discussing the Sheff Wed players at all, no appeal means nothing to put in front of the appeals panel, the standard bans apply. 3 game for Fletcher as it was for violent conduct. Sam Hutchinson gets a 2 game ban as it's his second red of the season so gets an extra game ban added to the 1 game ban for 2 yellows.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
1) It would have hit him anyway, with a potential broken nose.
2) Stockdale had it covered even if he had time to move out the way
3) They got a much better chance from the resulting spot kick
4) Smashed at him from 10 yards away at 60-70mph
5) Instinctive move to protect himself, rather than a calculated choice in a split second

All would point towards it being rescinded but that's not the way it works is it.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
There is A chance.

But there is MORE chance of complete and utter agreement on a thread on NSC :lol:

Sargey

Jan 27, 2006
Portslade
1) It would have hit him anyway, with a potential broken nose.
2) Stockdale had it covered even if he had time to move out the way
3) They got a much better chance from the resulting spot kick
4) Smashed at him from 6 yards away at 60-70mph
5) Instinctive move to protect himself, rather than a calculated choice in a split second

All would point towards it being rescinded but that's not the way it works is it.

Just edited a small bit but could make a massive difference....look at the pics earlier...Loovens was on the penalty spot and Murray was on the 6 yard line

Anyone who had a ball walloped at him at the speed Loovens hit it from that distance would of naturally put his hands up to protect his face.

This SHOULD be straight forward and the red rescinded on that evidence along but......

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This SHOULD be straight forward and the red rescinded on that evidence along but......

...this is the FA.

A panel probably consisting of Mike Dean, Ian Holloway and Alex Pritchard's girlfriend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here