Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray red (and appeal)

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Ref got it wrong on their second red. Should have been a straight red not second yellow.

Genuine question: Can you get a 'straight' red once you've got a yellow? Would it then be a 3 match ban or just the one?

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Personally, I feel that if you're defending your face from the ball (as soft as the person is being!), it shouldn't be red as the ball would have hit the person anyway.

But that isn't the rule.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Very much a game of opinions and shows why video replays for certain things may not work.

Personally, I feel that if you're defending your face from the ball (as soft as the person is being!), it shouldn't be red as the ball would have hit the person anyway. A yellow would have been sufficient in my eyes.

Thought it could have been a blessing in disguise as it may have prompted us to bring in a striker by showing us how one striker can easily miss games, but with it being only a single game suspension...?

Yep a penalty and a yellow is sufficient in this instance.

Dec 29, 2011
Genuine question: Can you get a 'straight' red once you've got a yellow? Would it then be a 3 match ban or just the one?
Yes you can, and yes it would be there games in this instance for dangerous play. You can get a straight red while on a yellow and get a one match ban (.e.g Murray today if he was on a yellow already).

andys320

Jan 10, 2014
Agree penalty, harsh I know but if it were against us I'd want to see red, so can't complain.

Well done boys for turning around, Hemed bright after Murray off I thought.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Yes. And the ban for two yellows is one game but the ban for some reds is two or three games so Fletcher will be banned for 3 games for violent conduct; whether he had a yellow already would not have made no difference.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Appeal it appeal it

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Very much a game of opinions and shows why video replays for certain things may not work.

Personally, I feel that if you're defending your face from the ball (as soft as the person is being!), it shouldn't be red as the ball would have hit the person anyway. A yellow would have been sufficient in my eyes.

Thought it could have been a blessing in disguise as it may have prompted us to bring in a striker by showing us how one striker can easily miss games, but with it being only a single game suspension...?

It is a deliberate hand ball, however. Goal scoring chance. Unfortunate 'red'. Instinctive, yes, but dems doz rules, alas. Just pleased it's only one game. Thought it was three.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here