Murphy's red card

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
We'll be fine. Now is the time to show solidarity and faith in the squad we have. We have been so much better without reverting to loanees and so should it continue. The opportunity for a new player to step up to the mark.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
They are indeed a splineless bunch, surely a decision made just to support the referee, right or wrong. Incidently the ex player on the panel....not Mark Bright surely ? ???

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
What a complete joke the FA are. How is Gabriel's ban for his sending off against Chelsea rescinded (when he clearly kicked out at Costa, whatever the cause of it) and Murphy is banned for three games for slipping over. How do these idiots run the game over here when so much money is at stake?

Because those clubs have soooo much money the FA are scared of the publicity and anger of high profile managers, we are small change chumps in their eyes....

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Wouldn't the obvious solution be to play the left winger that we bought for 1.5m two weeks ago??

Hes a forward not a wide man.

Could play in a front 3, not sure he has ever played as a genuine winger.

For Saturday I would go with Rosenior and March but with Kaz and Murphy out a little bit of back up for the month would certainly help.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Because those clubs have soooo much money the FA are scared of the publicity and anger of high profile managers, we are small change chumps in their eyes....

Maybe. If that's true it's a sad reflection of the game.

Also annoys me that they presumably don't have to justify the decision. I assume the club just get a letter saying appeal rejected rather than an explanation. How anyone can say that deserves a three game ban is beyond me. So, the referee has already cost us two points. How many will be dropped over the next three games with Murphy out as a result of this crass decision.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
The FA are, and always have been, an absolute joke. With them and FIFA running the game, football will eventually be ruined.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Is he ready for The Championship yet? Only CH will have any idea of the answer. Everybody knows EB is.
What's the point in having a squad and paying good money for players like Elvis if you're not going to give them an opportunity.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Need to be a top four Premier League team to get these decisions in the club's favour. The FA run scared of teams that can get massive media coverage.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Haywood must have refused to admit he made a mistake. With that and the obvious foul he let go on the equaliser, we can add him to the Prosser Pawson list of referees.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports