Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Mundane celebrity encounters

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Personally, once giving Emlyn Hughes directions to the Trusthouse Forte Hotel at Gatwick. My daughters random encounter deserves a mention - she once shared a tour of a London Art Gallery with Fabio Capello.

Jul 7, 2003
Sat next to Penelope Keith in a cafe in Lewes.
Said hello to Chris Eubank in the Brighton Odeon and also outside the Goldstone before his fight with the Argentinian bloke at the Centre before he became champion.
Colin Jones (Welsh boxer) and his family sat next to my family for several days of a holiday in Benidorm.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
1998 That one who was on on Hard Days Night and then played a teacher on Grange Hill used to come by my till when I was at Waitrose

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Around 2001-2 I went to a friend’s birthday bowling in Finsbury Park as part of a big group. We had both been part of a group volunteering abroad a year or two earlier and while we were away her boyfriend’s band had launched their first album. The band was Coldplay so obviously they were quite a bit more famous by this time. I knew she’d split up with the guy (one of the guitarists) and so when out a few days after her birthday I asked if she still kept in touch with any of them. “Yes you were bowling in the same team as them last week” was the reply. In my defence, Chris Martin wasn’t there, and would anyone recognise the other members of Coldplay?
Did you all have to wear Yellow?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Reminds me that I was at school with Karron's brother and he and I had a job together after school walking an Alsatian called 'Randy' (because his pink nob popped out when he sat down, he belonged to some builders). Many was the time we'd go back to my mate's after the dog walk to see either Chris or Chris and Peter Eubank in the front room. Peter was more famous at the time, having just become the only man to beat Barry McGuigan.

I assume your Ibiza encounter was with Wilf and not the actual Mr Tumble. The actual one would probably have charged you for looking at him.
I used to see Chris all the time, either in the truck, driving past the school or just generally prowling around outside his house (we used to walk up from Hove Station every day around the time it was extended. But I didn't include that because, I'm pretty sure EVERYONE has a mundane Chris Eubank encounter story. (Actually, I've just remembered there was another time I met him in MyHotel and he was living there...)

And yes, I was talking about Wilf, not Justin Whatsisface

Merry Christmas Hello GIF by CBeebies HQ

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
- Running for a bus in town, I saw Mark Williams (Fast Show) stood outside a pub and shouted "You aint seen me, right" as I sprinted past him.

- Bumped into Lulu coming out of Gatwick airport lifts, and she said my 7yr old lad (at the time) was "too cool for school" as he was wearing a Captain Jack pirates jacket, jeans, and vans trainers :ROFLMAO:

- Met Joe Wilkinson coming out of the Amex loos at a cup game one evening.

- Lead singer of ChemLab, Jared Hendrickson (who toured with Nine Inch Nails in the 90s), is now my baseball coach.

Charlie Livesey

Sep 28, 2023
During my extended stint as a Brighton bin man in the late seventies, Anne Nightingale chased me down Montpelier Road with a five pound Christnas tip.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I once stood behind Kylie Minogue's, chimney sweep's, best mate in the queue at the Amex shop but was too starstruck to say anything :blush:

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Showed King Charles III, then Prince Charles, around my place of work. Very chatty and extremely well dressed.
Met Colin Cowdrey while working in a bank in Arundel in the early 80’s, very quiet and unassuming man, not what I expected.
My better half has met Huw Edwards and Jimmy Savile, on the plus side also Kevin Keegan, Timothy West and Prunella Scales.
We have both bumped into Bruno on a few away days taking in sights before matches.
Corrie’s Gary Windass pre-match in Manchester in a bar.
At parties Eastenders Nasty Nick, Carol Cleveland from Monty Python. Comedy writer Alan Simpson.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
In a lift with Louis Theroux at the Grand.

Dame Judy Dench complimented my five-year-old son's Spider-Man outfit at Ardingly.

Ted Rogers on a cruise ship - rolled his eyes on my request for him to "do a 3-2-1" but he did it anyway.

Rowan Atkinson looking miserable at Goodwood Festival of Speed

While covering a royal visit for a local paper, waited outside a loo while Princess Margaret went for a piss. My "royal wee" gag was not appreciated by her entourage.

Albion winger John Robinson bought a coffee table off me once.

Nick Cave scowled at me in the North Laine - legend.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Jonny Marr at Warwick Services on the M40 (Southbound). My mate got his autograph on a KFC receipt. I was too star-struck to say anything coherent.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I used to work part-time in Topman on Western Rd when I was at college. On one quiet afternoon c.2001 Noel Gallagher and his girlfriend at the time walked in with their security guards. The girlfirend wanted to look around Topshop, so Noel came downstairs, looked at a couple of pairs of shoes and decided none of the clothes were for him. I was behind the till slightly bewildered by the whole situation.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Maybe we need a separate thread for mundane celebs you have pee'd with. Neil Morrisey for me :thumbsup:
May 14th, 1988... Bobby Davro at some motorway service station or another.

I was 9.

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
Met Gordon Brown when he was PM when working for the Home Office at the Labour Conference in Brighton, at the time all day drinking laws in pubs had just been bought in, got introduced to him, made a quip about all day drinking, he didn't laugh.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here