Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Mundane celebrity encounters

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Jimmy White asked me directions to Burger King when I was at Thorpe Park once, I was only 12 at the time. I got his autograph, had no paper, so he wrote it on the back of his Burger King receipt. Still have that scrap of paper to this day.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
I once stood and pissed in the urinal next to the bloke who played Alan Turner out of Emerdale while I was up in the Welsh Marches. I said ‘ah well pint in pint out’ he replied ‘got to flush ones kidneys’

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
Held the door open for Keira Knightley at a Citarella in New York as I was leaving. She said I was cute and asked for my number but I was with my ex at the time so had to turn her down.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I once served Peter Andre while working on the deli in Tescos, I think he ordered ham

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I was at a bar in west Hollywood and Ronaldo sat next to me with his entourage there as well, they stayed for 5 mins then went to a private room. That was pretty surreal .... this was when he had just got his Madrid move and on the same trip got accused of rape in Vegas ! His mates looked like trouble. I wasn't drunk enough/didn't have the balls to say anything to him.

On a dancefloor in Cannes got the piss taken out of me by Duncan banantyne for having a tight shirt on. Wanker. But in all honesty probably an ok bloke, having some banter with the peasants!

Restaurant in Miami I caused a kerfuffle because I tried to take a pic of Kanye who was a few tables down and his entourage saw me and tried to make me delete the pic to which I told them to f off.

I got loads of these type of things. The hey day of going out and seeing celebs and z Listers cause trouble in London was pre camera phone. Nights out were so much more fun then. Prince harry was out every night in chelsea and Mayfair around 2003/2004. Loads of footballers used to go out as well. Hasselbank was a heavy drinker/smoker.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
Held the door open for Keira Knightley at a Citarella in New York as I was leaving. She said I was cute and asked for my number but I was with my ex at the time so had to turn her down.
Not sure I believe this one!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Meryl Streep Doubt GIF

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Mine all have a local connection

Was served a coffee and ice-cream by Norman Cook during that weird semi-lockdown where outside things could be open but not nightclubs. So were half of West Hove though.

Was introduced to Dennis Healy during some fund raising event at the Gardner Centre. I said 'hello'. I was about 8 years old.

Met Ed Giddens in the nets in Hove. He bowled a bouncer at @Scoffers

Oliver Peyton from Great British Menu was randomly one place in the queue ahead of me for Tony's Coffee Van at Portslade Station. 'You won't be giving that a ten' I quipped. How he laughed*

*gave me a withering look and minced off as far away as possible.

ken tiler

Nov 24, 2007
Brighton
The Modfather Paul Weller nearly kicked my pregnant wife in the stomach when he took a wild swing at some pigeons as he came round a corner of a coffee hut in Kensington Gardens back in 2009, he did apologise.

I went to see Al Murray at some comedy club in London, before he made it big and I was stood next to Phill Jupitus at the urinals, he politely nodded at me and asked me "do you come here often?" silence for a few seconds and he then said "you don't need to answer that"
Phil Jupitus was the last encounter I had with a celebrity- he brushed past me a few months ago at St Andrews bus station of all places. No witty words were exchanged

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
In the mid 90s Roy Walker (who used to present Catchphrase) got off a train at the same stop as me as he’d realised he was on the wrong line so he asked me for directions to a cab office.

Solly March asked me for a dog poo bag in Hove Park as he’d run out.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I did bob-a-job for Teddy Maybank... cleaning leaves from around his above-ground pool in his back garden... and I wasn't even a Scout.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
In the mid 90s Roy Walker (who used to present Catchphrase) got off a train at the same stop as me as he’d realised he was on the wrong line so he asked me for directions to a cab office.

Solly March asked me for a dog poo bag in Hove Park as he’d run out.
My old company (a retailer) had a number of crazy Christmas parties over the years. They’re out of business now…

Roy Walker was booked for a staff version of Countdown, there were dancing girls recruited from a local strip club, and it was madness.

Roy was partial to sampling/ingesting the delights of the party, with eyes like saucers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here