Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Mrs Brown's Boys

Which one of these describes you (or is closest)?

• I WATCH Mrs Brown's Boys and voted to LEAVE the EU

Votes: 18 6.9%
  • I WATCH Mrs Brown's Boys and voted to REMAIN in the EU

Votes: 25 9.6%
  • I DO NOT WATCH Mrs Brown's Boys and voted to LEAVE the EU

Votes: 57 21.8%
  • I DO NOT WATCH Mrs Brown's Boys and voted to REMAIN in the EU

Votes: 161 61.7%

• Total voters

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Why the BBC keep peddling out this shit is beyond me.

Maybe because the viewing public like it maybe.

Just because there are number on a BHAFC forum that don't is not going to influence the BBC because a lot of people do like it.
Has anyone actual said why they don't like it except comments like " its shit" "its rubbish" etc.
Would be interested in hearing why people are vocally against it rather than just "i don't like it" or i don't find it funny"
Seems to rile people for some reason.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Just because there are number on a BHAFC forum that don't is not going to influence the BBC because a lot of people do like it.
Has anyone actual said why they don't like it except comments like " its shit" "its rubbish" etc.
Would be interested in hearing why people are vocally against it rather than just "i don't like it" or i don't find it funny"

I stated i periodically watch it,so for me it's watchable but only to a degree,not funny? it can be............could it be the accents,the jokes,the fact it mocks certain groups including the very mrs brown....or just that the jokes and content are seen daily and not of a high enough quality-i don't know,perhaps it's a matter of taste,i love olives,just not enough to eat them daily,that said i merely like coffee and yet drink it every day.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011

Tell us why you like it rather than asking why people don't. Go on!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Would be interested in hearing why people are vocally against it rather than just "i don't find it funny"

I would have thought that not finding a comedy funny was a pretty valid reason for not watching it. Do you you think it should be watched as a social documentary on working class Dublin life?

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south

I did give it a go and it was shit, didn't find it funny. My view I know.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Some programmes you have to watch because they are so bad, but Mrs Browns Boys is beyond that and to save the public any further harm it should be killed off.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
The o/p seems to seek confirmation of his theory that people of low & base sense of humour woul be the type to vote leave. A slur on "vote leavers" .... This is an example of the logical fallacy where false analogies are drawn because in fact correlation , if it existed, does not prove causation.

NB . Thanks to this I now have a mental picture of Michael Gove splitting his side at the antics of Mrs Brown !
I , in a minority of one, will admit to a secret chuckle at the show, when I first saw it.....

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I would have thought that not finding a comedy funny was a pretty valid reason for not watching it. Do you you think it should be watched as a social documentary on working class Dublin life?

Your point is valid as goldwithfalmer, don't like it don't watch it. Thats the normal way of life.
But this very thread appears to be an indication as to the hatred of this programme that exists, the OP has started this trying to find a link with brexit !! FFS really?
Ok so its Bozza so there is a clickbait aspect to it, i get that.
It not the best comedy on at the moment but certainly not the worst and wondered why this particular programme attracts so many vocal "anti's" but i have
Or is it just the bozza has spoken so other feel they must follow.
So as people dislike it so much i wondered what it was that actually riles them about it,
Poor acting, poor set, same joke regurgitated? what it is?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Tell us why you like it rather than asking why people don't. Go on!

Because it does what a comedy is supposed to do, makes me laugh.
It does what it says on the tin.
If it didn't i would ignore it and stop watching rather than tell anyone that would listen how i though it was utter shit and they should stop making it.
How many other programmes provoke this reaction?
That was the point i was making that you clearly missed.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Poor acting, poor set, same joke regurgitated? what it is?

I've only seen the odd few minutes of the show as I wait for the News to come on so I can't comment on it fully. But having seen about 5 minutes of about 15 or so episodes it doesn't strike me as something I'd want to watch. It does seem to be a one-joke programme, which is fine if the acting/writing is subtle but every joke seems to be telegraphed and the acting is way over the top - I imagine that 30 minutes of it would give me a headache

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I don't personally know anyone who voted to leave the EU. I don't personally know anyone who watches Mrs Brown's Boys. I just wondered if there was any correlation.
Nearly half the contributors on this site voted Leave. (Poll result).... you must know a few of them....

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Watch it sometimes, find it ok. Seems an uncool one on NSC though.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I don't personally know anyone who voted to leave the EU. I don't personally know anyone who watches Mrs Brown's Boys. I just wondered if there was any correlation.

Do you run this site from some sort of bunker then?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Nearly half the contributors on this site voted Leave. (Poll result).... you must know a few of them....

Bozza has cleverly disguised this poll with the Mrs Brown element. It's actually a more subtle way of asking, "will you admit to voting LEAVE now that the campaign has proved to be total bullshit and the government has no clue what to do?" and only 27% are voting "Yes". :p

Mrs Brown's Boys is TURD by the way, and I don't need to explain why as anyone with eyes can see for themselves.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Bozza has cleverly disguised this poll with the Mrs Brown element. It's actually a more subtle way of asking, "will you admit to voting LEAVE now that the campaign has proved to be total bullshit and the government has no clue what to do?" and only 27% are voting "Yes". :p

Mrs Brown's Boys is TURD by the way, and I don't need to explain why as anyone with eyes can see for themselves.

Agreed, this is definitely a ploy for him to then delete and ban LEAVE VOTERS. i hope.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Seems we mostly agree that Mrs Browns Boys is rubbish - but that can't be a shock. I just don't understand why it stays on our screens

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here