Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mr Bloom,

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I totally disagree. If we get promoted this season we'll spend our first season at Falmer in a relagation battle. I think in terms of winning future fans we'd do better having a real title challenge in League One. Nobody wants to watch a team that's getting beat a lot, regardless of what division they're in.

Why if we got promoted would we struggle in Championship ?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Who's to say that, with decent investment in the team/squad, we would definitely be fighting relegation from the Championship following a promotion... we may do much better than that... it isn't DK at the helm now, we have a chairman with financial clout...

here, here....

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
As we all know Mr Bloom is indeed a player of the odds & is still taking quite favourable odds on promotion before he unleashes his final hand to trump the bookies, cleaning up in the process thus covering his outlay on players.

We can hope.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
As we all know Mr Bloom is indeed a player of the odds & is still taking quite favourable odds on promotion before he unleashes his final hand to trump the bookies, cleaning up in the process thus covering his outlay on players.

I'm thinking that may be our one best chance this season. If the chairman has gone for a huge punt on promotion then he's not going to just sit by and let things slide for very long.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Division 1 football is bog standard whether it is played at Withdean,Falmer or Wembley [Play offs], so little improvement on home game attendances can be expected after the initial opening games,particularly if prices are hiked up.
I am amazed at the optomistic comments received following our pre-season matches.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Personally don't really give a shit which part of mid-table we end up in this season. The happy-clappers who insist we'll somehow transform into world-beaters at the flick of a Poyet switch 'Let There Be LIGHT!' are welcome to their delusions. There's not been a single glimmer of pre-season form. Poyet will be sacked by Boxing Day.

The only thing that matters this season is that Falmer stays on track for opening next season.

You're the gift that keeps on giving. :laugh:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Feel free. In fact the cognoscenti, who let's face it are never wrong, will be bouncing it to laugh at your laughter. No pressure then... :lol:

I can barely think of a single time you've been even near right.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
OK, so tell us how the silly fucker gets to make statements about being disappointed with making the play-offs. IMHO it's be a bloody miracle to get within sniffing distance of the play-offs from where we are now with a revolving door of dodgy trialists and deeply-shite-to-slightly-above-average permanent signings. We were shoe-ins for promotion LAST season according to the usual slack-jawed yokels. Not a lot has changed since, other than we chucked away Nicky Forster - our only proven consistent goalscorer. Even if the fabled twenty-goals-a-season man gets signed, we're in for a good few months of 'time to gell' bullshit. And some dummies still think the rest of the division will simply fall at the feet of those goalscoring giants OGH and Pinhead Holroyd. Jeez! :nono:

Looking forward to Falmer only. This season will play itself out as a tragedy. Believe it. The pre-season form didn't lie last season and it won't lie this season either. And the cognoscenti are NEVER wrong.

Bless ya, up crops the cognoscenti again. Have they/you ever been right? Not sure football knowledge if your thing, have you tried a different sport

Promotion must be achieved this season because we cannot start at Falmer in division 1,so time is not on our side,the cash must be made available simply because we cant afford not to.
Mr Bloom is a gambler but this one has to be a cert.

We certainly CAN start at Falmer in Division 1 - or even league 2 actually.
Do you remember what this club has just been through for over a decade? We can accept and relatively enjoy any league division.
Now do the people financing this club want to go up asap? Of course, but I'm sure they've reckoned for whatever place we are in by the time we move in 'The AmexStad' (my own spin on the name btw) - but we are an ambitious club that won't be languishing in the lower league for long, that's the facts.

I have recently worked with another league 1 club who can NOT go up!
Due to finances and their gates and expenses, going up a division would require all kinds of upgrades to their facilities that they can't afford or sustain!
The fans won't actually know that, most probably - unless they themselves do the maths - so they go on thinking that there's a chance of challenging for promotion or that they won't always be 'league 1 standard'.

Breathe a big sigh of relief and support this club and its' intent - we are very lucky, now.

OK, so tell us how the silly fucker gets to make statements about being disappointed with making the play-offs. IMHO it's be a bloody miracle to get within sniffing distance of the play-offs from where we are now with a revolving door of dodgy trialists and deeply-shite-to-slightly-above-average permanent signings. We were shoe-ins for promotion LAST season according to the usual slack-jawed yokels. Not a lot has changed since, other than we chucked away Nicky Forster - our only proven consistent goalscorer. Even if the fabled twenty-goals-a-season man gets signed, we're in for a good few months of 'time to gell' bullshit. And some dummies still think the rest of the division will simply fall at the feet of those goalscoring giants OGH and Pinhead Holroyd. Jeez! :nono:

Looking forward to Falmer only. This season will play itself out as a tragedy. Believe it. The pre-season form didn't lie last season and it won't lie this season either. And the cognoscenti are NEVER wrong.

A dark look at things mate, but although I can agree that it's too soon to be readying the blue and white ribbons on the League 1 Champions Cup or saying that we can't accept anything less - it's also a bit ott to be predicting a tragic season don't you think?

Personally I believe Withdean will retain its' completely vacuous atmosphere, but the air of relief will wash over everyone by the turn of the year and help spur our playing staff on towards a decent finish for the season. Playoffs won't be intangible by then either, I suspect.

The sensible cognoscenti would surely say; Be ready for some downs and some ups, and don't put too much pressure on to be running the division right from the word 'go'.

It's still very important to support the players and not get on their backs at every stumble - we the fans are still the 12th man, and have OUR part in the games to play. Call yourselves "Albion fans"? Then be that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here