Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moving threads moved to the other stuff/archive

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The other stuff was created when Google ads pulled the plug, and the revenue dried up. All threads had to go in there for a time until the mods decided what was "safe" to release into the real world. They prohttp://www.northstandchat.com/forumdisplay.php?47-Moderating-Decisionsbably didn't read most of them, so most old threads still lie there. Many could probably be released.

There is a place where mods ARE supposed to explain their actions, including bans and post deletions, but unfortunately fewer seem to bother using it these days. Mods should be accountable for their actions.

http://www.northstandchat.com/forumdisplay.php?47-Moderating-Decisions

"This forum will be used by board moderators and administrators to post an explanation of moderating activities that have had to be undertaken.

Replies are not permitted, intentionally as it is not intended that moderating decisions are discussed in public. We hope members will accept that moderating posts and/or banning members is generally an action of last resort. The board is here for members to post and enjoy, it is no-one's interest to suppress posts. Unfortunately sometimes moderation is the only course of action available.

Should you wish to discuss any particular decision further, please contact the relevant moderator by PM."

Leyton Gull was banned but not explained in the moderators forum because it happened during a thread. It was realised that jimbob5 had re-registered after being banned for being a Palace muppet. Several Nsc posters outed him. I suppose the moderator could have added to the original banning post, by adding that he had been banned again.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Why would you care enough to start a thread about it?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
But this board isn't a democracy. It's owned by Bozza, and he has put moderators in place as he sees fit.

Looking at the threads moved in there, they are all the same. Tiresome immigration-related rubbish ending up with the same old people hurling insults. If the mods aren't heartily sick of them, everyone else almost certainly is (I suspect).

This board is fairly free and open though, so to a degree it is a democracy. But I see you point as Bozza chooses to run it this way.

I have no issue with the threads which get moved as they are mainly tedious and circular and based on the same single subject with a handful of people having the same argument.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Leyton Gull was banned but not explained in the moderators forum because it happened during a thread. It was realised that jimbob5 had re-registered after being banned for being a Palace muppet. Several Nsc posters outed him. I suppose the moderator could have added to the original banning post, by adding that he had been banned again.
He posted a pretty vile post about sexual abuse of children as well.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

I hadn't realised that he was the same poster as jimbob5 & 7; looking at the secret database we hold in mod towers, I see that he is, so he's now been banned permanently. He has recently registered a few other accounts - those have been appended with an avatar that can't be replaced. If he posts in an acceptable manner, then fair enough. I'm not holding my breath.

He posted a pretty vile post about sexual abuse of children as well.

Which is what generated a major infraction, giving rise to a 3 day ban. However, since then I've realised that he's Jimbob5 & 7, so he's now gone permanently.

On topic - mostly I post about a permanent ban, either in the sub-forum or as a reply to (one of) the offending post(s). Occasionally I forget, or am too busy.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I hadn't realised that he was the same poster as jimbob5 & 7; looking at the secret database we hold in mod towers, I see that he is, so he's now been banned permanently. He has recently registered a few other accounts - those have been appended with an avatar that can't be replaced. If he posts in an acceptable manner, then fair enough. I'm not holding my breath.

Which is what generated a major infraction, giving rise to a 3 day ban. However, since then I've realised that he's Jimbob5 & 7, so he's now gone permanently.

On topic - mostly I post about a permanent ban, either in the sub-forum or as a reply to (one of) the offending post(s). Occasionally I forget, or am too busy.

Ah, I thought you had realised who he was, as a couple of posters had named him, so that was me jumping to conclusions.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
In the spirit of Jezzy Corbyn and new open democracy

Is it possible that the moderators that move the few threads to the other stuff could at least own up and explain their thinking in a quick post with a few words as to why they have done it?

Is there a valid reason why you currently don’t do this anyway?

Where on earth do you find the time to worry about this shit?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

He'll be back

- Prolifically posting
- Giving 'subtle' praise to Palace "Have to take our hats off to Palace..." etc.
- PRETENDING TO BE AN ALBION FAN, and being more and more negative about the club.
- De-railing threads.

Why not just ban his new identity after the 1st post if you know what it is ? ???

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I must confess to being slightly bring back the birch hurt by that suggestion cjd that my right Eine Volk, Eine Reich, Eine Fuhrer wing tendencies are so transparent here on NSC and that they could Maggie Maggie Maggie influence my objectivity when making hangings too good for them, decisions on NSC.

I strive to be strictly No Muslims No Irish No Dogs impartial when reviewing posts and threads, and do my best to ensure that any they'll be making homosexuality compulsory next personal views that I may hold are not reflected in there's nothing wrong with carnal relations with a pig my posts.

Lol

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here