Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Move on or stay behind ?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Recently we have had Leicester who played championship football 2 season ago win the premiership. From their 17 players who played more than 5 games during the season only 4 of them haven't played Championship football in the last 3 seasons.

That means 14 of their championship players have made the step up to being an influential part as Leicester became premiership champions.

I think many of our players would be capable of making the jump from Championship player to Premiership player, and only a few additions would be required to help us avoid relegation.

It wouldn't need to be a complete squad overhaul as has been suggested.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I have been on this board for over a year now

One of the best parts that I have found is the endearing and affection for players past and present who belong to the fans. Players like Lua Lua. Craig Noone. Gordon Greer, Bobby Zamorra, and there are lots more I could mention.

That's the endearing part about this website.

I see lots of love for players like GG etc and I think this is a better forum than most websites that I visit because they pay respect to players who have given them good times in their lives. Then I ask myself. Who is ready to move on ?

Who is really ready to move to the next level? Those players gave you wonderful times. People like Lua Lua was a world beater 4 years ago, in a lower division. He isn't now, I am sad to say.

If everyone on here wants success, they need to move on up. They have to leave those players behind. They have to acknowledge that to achieve what someone like the Board and the Manager wants for the club and themselves then those players fall short of what is required.

Every week on here I see people looking for new players but they also want some of their old favourites to be brought back too. Both cannot happen at the same time. We do one of two things . We abandon the old ones or we embrace the new ones. One or the other. Both are not conducive.

I fall into the same category. I love Jamie Murphy as a player. I know he will play a big part next year but I know for sure he is not a Premiership player unless he improves In the next 12 months. And he can improve but that's up to him. Not me

So I ask you this.............................. Are in love with your old stars or are you ready to fall on love with your Potential new stars ? THAT IS THE QUSTION?

Lua Lua looked a world beater 9 months ago, in this division. Just back from injury and on a few sub appearances, is not the way to judge him.
We do not have one winger at the club, incuding Knocky, who does not go through a period of poor form at some time or another.

If any one is hoping for ex BHA players to return, it is because they can see how they would improve this squad.

You should move on.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The only oldie I would like to return is Glen Murray simply because he is proven at this level and I feel he could do a good job. Steve Sidwell is not really an old player of ours as he was only a loan signing ion 2002 for 2 months as a trainee at Arsenal so if we signed him it would be based on his past achievements with other clubs rather than with us. Much as I like Knockhaert I wonder whether other managers class him as Premiership quality as obviously Leicester didn't as they let him go and I think the valuations of 8 or 9m is absolutely absurd as there are a lot better and cheaper about. How much did Andros Townsend join Newcastle for and how much is Nathan Redmond valued at? I want the players that will improve BHA irrespective of previous clubs etc.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The only oldie I would like to return is Glen Murray simply because he is proven at this level and I feel he could do a good job. Steve Sidwell is not really an old player of ours as he was only a loan signing ion 2002 for 2 months as a trainee at Arsenal so if we signed him it would be based on his past achievements with other clubs rather than with us. Much as I like Knockhaert I wonder whether other managers class him as Premiership quality as obviously Leicester didn't as they let him go and I think the valuations of 8 or 9m is absolutely absurd as there are a lot better and cheaper about. How much did Andros Townsend join Newcastle for and how much is Nathan Redmond valued at? I want the players that will improve BHA irrespective of previous clubs etc.

Liecester offered Knockaert another contract which he didn't sign, because his father was ill.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
3 or 4 new players to improve the team and squad. Say farewell to those we no longer want. Don't let anyone go unless they have no place in the squad. Bruno will stay for another 2 or 3 years and will play for us in the Prem.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Liecester offered Knockaert another contract which he didn't sign, because his father was ill.

With modern travel I wouldnt see that as a major problem. Joe Cole lived in London or Liverpool and commuted to Lille to play by Euro Tunnel so a flight from Belgium to Leicester or Birmingham is easy. I am not saying that he didnt refuse to signa contract because of that but I find it hard to accept that there were not other factors, known or unknown for him to make that decision.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
With modern travel I wouldnt see that as a major problem. Joe Cole lived in London or Liverpool and commuted to Lille to play by Euro Tunnel so a flight from Belgium to Leicester or Birmingham is easy. I am not saying that he didnt refuse to signa contract because of that but I find it hard to accept that there were not other factors, known or unknown for him to make that decision.

You just want to be argumentative again. His parents live near the Belgium border, which is why he has a Flemish sounding name. He took the job with Standard Liege, because it was very close to popping over the border. He left Leicester in June, and signed for us, 7 months later, because his father was better, and he wanted to come back to England.

If you don't believe me, Google it.

D

Deleted member 2719

Good fishing. I suppose you saw the photo of the bruising from his torn ligaments?

He made clear that he had to battle through Monday night because he was desperate to play.

I can't remember the last time I've seen a player as committed as Knockaert. He gallops all over the pitch at a hundred miles an hour and chases literally every ball.

He also does his level best to get the crowd going.

Given his huge contribution to the team since he joined I think he's entitled to be given the benefit of the doubt (none at all in my view).

To suggest he "didn't fancy it" is laughable to the point of being insulting, in my opinion!

This has to be one of the most ridiculous posts I have ever seen on NSC. He could hardly walk on Friday. It would have been no benefit to the team for him to come back on. The fact that he and Sidwell were happy to play through the pain barrier to play on Monday is amazing and shows his dedication to the team. The exact opposite of what you are trying to insinuate.

As for £4 million, you're having a laugh aren't you for the best player in the division (which he will be next season if he stays and is injury free).

Top fishing.

I've seen some horseshit on this board over the years but that takes the cake.

[TWEET]732341457508564993[/TWEET]

I also think that this is one of the daftest posts I've seen on here, and there's plenty of competition in that direction.
Knockaert was distraught at that injury on Friday, and could barely operate the lower half of his body. I was stunned that he played on Monday, that he did was due to his determination and commitment to the team, some brilliant patch-up work by our medical team, and some extremely powerful painkillers.

Calm down calm down. :hilton:

I apologise regarding the suggested lack of commitment of Knockeart by coming off early in the first leg.

1) I do not follow every moment of every player so i knew nothing of this photo he obviously found it important enough to show on twitter.
2) I only judged the situation on my experience of playing and viewing football over the past 40 years and the detective in me said he has pulled a sickie with 30 mins to go in the 1st leg, because he was able to play such a blinder in the 2nd with no apparent visual problem.
3) I didn't realised that painkillers were so effective as that nowadays.

*note to myself Never ever KNOCK Knockeart and learn about modern medicine and how to use twitter.

Any way how do we know that is Knockearts leg.:whistle:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You just want to be argumentative again. His parents live near the Belgium border, which is why he has a Flemish sounding name. He took the job with Standard Liege, because it was very close to popping over the border. He left Leicester in June, and signed for us, 7 months later, because his father was better, and he wanted to come back to England.

If you don't believe me, Google it.

Not disputing any of that or seeking an argument but as I say with modern travel I would have thought that there were other considerations. I met a chap on a flight from Malaga who lived there and travelled to Farnborough Hants to work stayed over 1 night so worked 2 x 12 hours shifts went home for 2 days then back for 2 days and he only worked for BAE not a footballer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here